Lt. Robin Hopper: Dangerous

Robin Hopper

Jan 3, 2023, 1:59:52 PM1/3/23
to Amity Outpost

The sight of a dapperly-dressed Cardassian man in the Vulcan bar was one thing… But what really intrigued Robin was that he seemed to be drawing on a sketchpad. When her eyes caught his peering her way, she knew she had to go and find out just what he was up to.

She tipped her glass back, finishing her drink, and hopped off the bar stool – making her way confidently over towards his table, hands on her hips. She cocked an eyebrow as she stopped a few feet away, the drawing on his page not yet visible. She pointed to the glass on his table, ice cubes similarly-melted.

Hopper: I see you haven’t been paying attention to your drink either.

Kizat: Hmm? ::looking over at his glance:: No it seems my rainbow is running together.

Hopper: You seem pretty focused on whatever it is you’re working on there… And I’ll admit you’ve got me curious too.

Kizat: Curiosity is a powerful tool. Like I am curious of who you are. In trade, I am Vaje Kizat, the Counselor for Culture and Press Affairs.

There was more to find interesting about Kizat than just his species, of course. While Cardassians were rare within Federation postings, the man across from her felt particularly enigmatic. He wore a tailored suit, in a terran style – and despite his understated manner and artistic pursuits, the suit did not hide the fact he was clearly built like a brick shipyard.

oO What is it with the men on this station…? Oo

She may not have been familiar with Cardassians, but she had heard the buzz about the new Envoy. She was curious – and lonely. So she took the seat across from him.

Hopper: Lieutenant Hopper. ::A small smile:: You can call me Robin.

Kizat: Robin, that is a wonderful name. Bright almost.

She rolled her eyes playfully at the compliment, but didn’t hold in her smile as she leaned forward.

Hopper: So… What are you doing here? ::Pointing across the table at his pad:: May I see?

Kizat: ::smiling:: After a moment, it isn’t finished yet. So, Robin, what is it you do here on the station?

She barely had time to pout before he asked his question. For a fleeting moment she considered if this was a wise course of action. She had, after all, been asked here on a date by someone else…  oO Someone who won’t be coming. Oo

Hopper: ::Coyly::  I’m a Science Officer.

Kizat: Science? Fulfilling I hope?

Hopper: ::Resting her elbow on the table, and her cheek in her hand::  Well, there’s definitely no shortage of interesting phenomena to study here in the Delta Quadrant…  ::Cheeky grin::  Plenty of ‘specimens’ worth examining too.

Kizat smiled back. She could feel that drink going to her head already.

Kizat: Is it very dangerous? Being so smart and beautiful at the same time?

She barely hesitated in her response, but she was sure her cheeks gave away that his unexpected flattery had struck a chord. Perhaps it stemmed from her innate curiosity, or her deep desire to feel connected with others – but Robin was naturally flirtatious, and having someone match that energy was exhilarating.

Hopper: ::Chuckling::  Oh, you wouldn’t believe…  oO Looking him over Oo  Though, surely, as a disarmingly-handsome diplomat, you have some idea of the hazards.

Kizat: Response

Hopper: I think you should finish your drink, and we should each order another. How’s your… what did you say it was?  ::Glancing at the now-hazy liquid with amusement::  A rainbow?

Kizat: Response

Hopper: Well, I’m sitting right here now.  ::Smirk::  So you won’t be quite so distracted from what’s in front of you.

Kizat: Response

Hopper: Speaking of what’s in front of you – ::Gesturing at the pad in his hand:  don’t let me stop you from your work.  ::Smirk::  Though I’m sure I can think of more exciting poses.

Kizat: Response

TBC

==

Lt. Robin Hopper (she/they)