Ninzo - A "Interesting" Proposition

Sunny Sandhu

May 25, 2022, 4:52:10 PM5/25/22
to sb118...@googlegroups.com

(("Backspace" Fortune Teller's shop, Amity Outpost))

Ninzo: Ok, finally. Do you like Starfleet?

Barberra: ::Arms still crossed:: It’s more boring than they make it out to be.

Iko: ::staring at Barberra:: Yes.

That was a "Yes" to Ninzo.

Barberra: ::To Ninzo:: Okay, grandma, let’s hear Bec’s fortune.

Ninzo: Ok, your fortune is ready. Do you want to know?

Iko: You know what? Don't tell me.

Ninzo: Understood.

Barberra: ::To Bec:: But don’t you want to know that one day you’ll become accidently stranded on a planet with a pre-warp civilization and through strange circumstances become their queen and ultimate dark ruler within three hours?  ::Looking at Ninzo:: Hey look at that, I’m better at your job than you!  ::Looking around at stairs:: Is there a better fortune teller upstairs?

Iko: I don't wanna kno- Barberra!

Ninzo: She is very interesting. Please do not run around my shop.

Barberra: ::Calling out:: Hello?  Other fortune tellers?  I want to know if I eventually become a borg quee-

She stopped when she reached the top of the stairs.  In front of her was a drab grey empty room

Barbarra: Scary… ::To Ninzo:: How much for the room?

Ninzo: Ah 30 credits.

Iko: Barberra?

Barberra: ::To Bec:: I want to live here, it’s perfect.  ::To Ninzo:: I’m offering you 5 Federation Credits a week.

Ninzo: Hmm, let me think.

Iko: How- wha- why?

Barberra: ::To Bec:: I’ve been staying at the Talaxi Palms hotel.  I haven’t been able to decide on an apartment.  ::Wicked smile:: Until now.  ::To Ninzo, raising finger:: Counter offer, 5 Federation Credits a week.

Ninzo: Still too low.

Barbarra: ::Eyes wide open in shock:: How much?  ::Tapping combadge:: =/\= Barberra to Iko, the fortune teller is trying to rip me off again! =/\=

Iko: You do know I outrank you...

Barberra: ::To Bec:: All I need is a bed, and a sonic shower, which I can install myself.  ::To Ninzo:: Okay, 7 credits a week.

Ninzo: Better.

Iko: What about... I don't know... an actual apartment?

Barberra: ::To Bec:: No, I don’t like the other districts.  ::To Ninzo:: 8 credits a week, and I’ll fix your busted holographic sign for free, and you give all senior crew and diplomatic staff that want it one free fortune telling session.   That’s my final offer.  ::Offering hand::

Ninzo: Done deal.

Iko: Thats...

Barberra:::To Ninzo:: Done.  Pleasure doing business with you.  ::Shrug:: Like I care, Starfleet’s paying.

Ninzo: At least I get the money, I do not care who is paying.

Iko: ::to Ninzo:: Have fun with your new roommate.

Barberra: Thank you for hanging out with me.  And helping me find an apartment.

Iko: No problem?

She didn't really know what to say. This "Thank you" seemed genuine, and nothing Barberra ever said before seemed entirely genuine.

Barberra: Response

Ninzo: Glad I can help.

Security officer: Ensign Iko, What are you doing here?

Bec blushed slightly out of embarassment

Iko: On my way!

Barberra: Response

Ninzo: Bye Ensign!

She turned to exit the building, looking back at Barberra before leaving.

Iko: Oh we'll see each other again...

Barberra: Response

Ninzo: Shall we go?

TAG/END SCENE FOR NINZO