Gelehi Falshikai - Justice, justice shall you pursue

Koihime Nakamura

Mar 9, 2022, 11:03:03 PM3/9/22
to Amity Outpost
((Peace Park, Amity Outpost))

Ambassador Rivi Vataix wandered through the serene Peace Park that provided a much needed oasis from the hustle and bustle of the Grand Mezzanine and the busy docking terminals. With the population already starting to swell, these venues were more vital than ever to offer a breath of fresh air.

Rivi walked down one of the pathways before she found the woman she was looking for right where the computer said she would be.

Vataix: Ms. Falshikai?

Gelehi looked up as she was walking around

Falshikai: Greetings, Ambassador. I was looking at the trees - they're quite beautiful.

The Betazoid woman gave a small smile as she approached before turning her head towards the beautiful pink-leaved trees that lined the path.

Vataix: They're called cherry blossom trees. They're from one of Earth's old nation state's capitals.

Falshikai: Fascinating.

Gelehi knew of Terra, of course, the dominant planet in the Federation. Some reforms in the Pact were to prevent the inevitablity that had happened there. Such as the capital world of the Pact being soverign territory of the Pact, and not it's member worlds, but a more rotational structure and council. The Federation had been an inspiration, yes, when it passed, to the future of the Pact.. but also a warning.

Vataix: Interestingly enough, the original trees themselves were a gift from the mayor of another nation state's capital--a gesture of friendship and hope for peace.

Falshikai: I wonder how succesful it was..

Gelehi would have to look it up. But she's sure there was a point, and didn't want to rush the Ambassador.

Vataix: I've been thinking a lot about such gestures... and I wanted to let you know that I've decided to hold the Vidiian's permission to step foot onto Amity--temporarily.

Falshikai: ::eyebrow raised:: Temporarily?

Vataix: I do still believe that what the Federation aims for--an apolitical event and venue for all species to come together--is one worth having. But I want to know what it is you really want from all this.

The Federation ambassador raised a perceptive eyebrow at her counterpart.

Vataix: Because I know it's not just a boycott. So what is it that you expect or want from the Vidiians--and the Federation.

Falshikai: An acknolwedgement of guilt. Of justice, to the descendants of everyone slain by the Viidians. And, frankly, some penance to be paid.

Vataix: Response

Gelehi: You .. have not yet met the current leader of the Viidian Star Union, have you? Regardless, we would like nothing more than just passively dislike them, and leave them alone. But they have not admitted guilt, or any attempt at reprations. Our millenia of slain citizens need at least acknowledgement.

Vataix: Response

Falshikai: If we had any faith in them, we would have potentially asked you for assistance in meditation.

Gelehi's voice is tense, and her posture locked

Falshikai: We do not. Your diplomats, if the records from Voyager are true, might be able to charm the leaves of trees, but I do not think they can charm blood from stone.

Vataix: Response

TAG! TBC...

Gelehi Falshikai
Envoy of the Kathesis Pact