Lt. Robin Hopper: Seeking Yacht With Hot Tub

Robin Hopper

Apr 3, 2023, 10:17:34 PM4/3/23
to Amity Outpost (IC)

((Merchant District, Habitat Ring – Amity Outpost))

Robin smiled encouragingly as the two assertive merchants gave her their hustle. She’d hoped that this trip to the District would net her a few ‘novel’ experiences – an energetic sales pitch, a good-old-fashioned haggle, the possibility of bartering, or perhaps even being offered a an-almost-too-tempting-to-refuse-yet-ultimately-regrettable offer.

Bob: Have you ever considered your own yacht? Think about it - freedom whenever you like!

oO A yacht? Oo  Her eyebrows raised and her smile widened.  oO This ought to be fun. Oo

Olivia: And no pesky starfleet Paddwork to go with it. Just hop in and you're away.

The Orion woman flashed a gorgeous smile at Robin – an excellent sales tactic. Robin leaned back against the storefront behind her, crossing her legs, and thought about it for a moment. It wouldn’t do to give in ‘too easily’... and besides, if these merchants weren’t here to work for it, it probably wasn’t worth following along anyways.

Hopper: Hmm… Is that the most practical way to explore the stars? A yacht? Sounds a little ‘fancy’.

Olivia: But you would be in utmost comfort and relaxation while you view the wonders of space – ::gestures to the blue uniform:: Wonders I'm sure you would enjoy immensely.

Bob: Response

Hopper: Oh, don’t get me wrong, I appreciate a beautiful ship – and I’m not against enjoying a little luxury from time-to-time – but do you have any other sorts of vessels? Something more, um, practical?

The Orion woman smiled again, and placed her arm around Robin’s shoulder. More familiar with Orions by reputation than experience, she was curious if the alluring aroma she was picking up was a perfume or the infamous ‘pheromones’ – rumored to be quite intoxicating. Either way, she made no move to ‘escape’ from the woman’s clutches.

Olivia: Oh I'm sure we could find something darling.

Bob: Response

Hopper: ::Shrugging::  I don’t have anything else going on.  ::Slipping her arm through Olivia’s::  Why don’t you show me?

Olivia: On one condition.

Bob: Response

Hopper: Name it.

Olivia: We share our names! Can't have good business without knowing who you're having it with, can we?

Robin nodded, considering the condition. Certainly seemed fair to her.

Hopper: Makes sense to me.

Bob: Response?

Olivia:  Here. We'll start. ::placing her hand on his shoulder:: This is Betazoid Bob, ::panning her hand out in front of them in an arc:: and I am Orion Olivia. And what would your name be, sweetheart?

Robin considered her answer for just a moment.

Hopper: Half-Human Hopper.  ::Chuckling::  But you can call me Hops.

Bob/Olivia: Response

She followed along with them, happily, towards their shopfront. She wondered, briefly, what their reaction would be when she made it clear she had no intention of actually buying anything. How could she? Why would she? Who around here, on a Federation space station, was either wealthy enough or foolish enough to purchase a–  an image of several visiting Betazoid nobles passed through her mind for a moment, and she recalled a sizable contingent of them (and their employees) were, in fact, transiting through Amity regularly to oversee the development of the colony on nearby Idrustix.  oO That’s who they should be targeting… Oo  she figured.  oO Well, all the more fun for me! Oo

As they entered, she looked around, a little disappointed not to see a hangar full of beautiful sleek vessels fit for visiting royalty.

Hopper: What gives? Where are the yachts?

Bob/Olivia: Response

Hopper: Well, I’m certainly not going to be purchasing any ship sight-unseen. How about a tour?

Bob/Olivia: Response

Hopper: Ooh, yes, that sounds like fun.  ::Grinning::  Take me to your most expensive yacht!  ::Excitedly::  It has to have a hot tub on board, right?

Bob/Olivia: Response

TBC

==

Lt. Robin Hopper (she/they)