Ensign S'Raga - That was fun. Let's never do that again.

S'Raga

Dec 4, 2022, 9:56:57 AM12/4/22
to sb118...@googlegroups.com
((“Type-10 Shuttlecraft" - In Orbit of Nereid - Holodeck 1, Level 5, Copernicus Center))

S'Raga ran through a few more scans of Nereid from his console. As the shuttle's computer ran through its scanning processes, S'Raga rolled his shoulders to ease some muscle tension. This training simulation was really putting him through his paces. And he wasn't even the one being evaluated! The console chirped, notifying S'Raga that the scans were complete.

S'Raga: Sir, I'm not seeing any particular anomalies coming up on scanners, but I am seeing what seems to be a significant discrepancy in the moon's physical characteristics. Nereid's density should be one-point-five grams per cubic centimeter. But the results of the scan indicate it's currently only zero-point-zero-two grams. It's almost as if the moon is completely hollow.

Iovianus: Hollow moon?

S'Raga: I think I have an idea. Permission to take control of the tactical station, sir?

Iovianus: By all means.

S'Raga brought up the tactical controls on his console and positioned the shuttle so that it was directly facing the moon's surface.

S'Raga: Arming two quantum torpedoes, maximum yield. Firing.

The console chimed twice as the two torpedoes launched from their tubes. He watched through the viewport as the bright blue lights sped towards the moon's surface. A few seconds later, the torpedoes exploded in a brilliant white light, followed by a spray of debris. As the explosions faded, they could see part of the moon's surface had been completely destroyed, revealing the purplish glow of a spatial rift just underneath the crust.

S'Raga: There's the source of all our problems, Commander. The spatial rift originated at the center of the moon and completely ate up the inside. All that was left was the surface layer.

Iovianus: We shall see if exposing it was a good idea or not.

Another alert came from S'Raga's console.

S'Raga: Looks like our light show attracted some attention, Commander. The Borg have a target lock on us.

Iovianus: Alright, you keep us moving I will run interference and head off what weapons fire I can with our own. While modulating the shields.

S’Raga: Aye, sir! Taking evasive maneuvers!

S'Raga flew the shuttlecraft around the moon, trying to stay out of sight from the Borg's targeting sensors.

Iovianus: =/\= Iovianus to Independace. Since the Borg are focusing on us you need to use the time bought to sort this out, but we cannot hold them off forever. Go on Captain.=/\=

Barberra: =/\= Understood, Commander Iovianus. As soon as you can’t hold off the Borg, or at the first sign of major trouble such as, oh I don’t know, local reality collapsing in on itself, I want you to make a bee line out of here and raise an alert to Starfleet command as soon as you can. Is that clear, Ensign? Commander? =/\=

Iovianus: =/\= By your order Captain. =/\=

S’Raga: =/\= Aye, Captain! =/\=

Barberra: =/\= We are going to try and seal the rift. Good luck, officers. See you on the other side. Barberra Out. =/\=

In a brilliant display of skill and expertise, Lieutenant Commander Iovianus detonated two incoming enemy torpedoes with the shuttle's phasers while S'Raga took them into a series of sharp turns.

Iovianus: Change evasive pattern. Delta-4.

S’Raga: Acknowledged. Evasive pattern Delta-Four.

S'Raga was pulled from side to side as the shuttlecraft's rudimentary inertial dampeners struggled to keep up with his maneuvers.

Iovianus: Heads up, they have ejected their warp cores. Get us away from the blast zone. Set course for whatever seems like Earth.

S’Raga: Yessir! Let's see how this little shuttle holds up against three simultaneous warp core explosions!

As S'Raga took their vessel into a quick sprint towards the inner solar system, they were buffeted by a series of shockwaves, and he struggled to maintain control. As their shield strength indicator flashed urgently, notifying them of an imminent shield collapse, the controls in front of S'Raga suddenly disappeared, and so did the shuttle around them. The holodeck's force fields brought him and Cassius into a standing position as the shuttlecraft's seats dematerialized from underneath them. The simulation had ended, and they found themselves on the other side of the holodeck from the rest of the crew. S'Raga took a deep breath, trying to get his heart rate back to normal. Simulation or not, being chased by the Borg was not a walk in Peace Park.

Barberra: Well, that went well.

Iovianus: It..was a mission.

S’Raga: Or something like that!

Barberra: Thank you. I wouldn’t have lasted more than 5 seconds if it wasn’t for all of you.

Iko: That was alot…

Richards: I need a drink…I’ll see you guys later.

S'Raga was disconcerted by Nathan's brusque and sudden departure and he wondered whether his end of the simulation might've been a more unpleasant experience.

Barberra: Response

Iovianus: ::stepping up to Barberra:: Congratulations on surviving the test. I think you did well, and you did your crew proud.

Barberra: Response

Wong: I think I had enough of well…. Whatever that scenario was. But we did the best we could with it and I think we should be proud of that fact.

Hopper/Reade: Response

Cassian nodded to the others and took his leave of the holodeck. S'Raga took a few steps towards Barberra.

S'Raga: Well, your methods are... unorthodox... to say the least. But I sincerely hope Commander Ukinix grants you your full commission. Which is, I'm assuming, what the test was for. ::To the others that remained:: I'm heading over for some lunch at Wet Goods, if anyone would like to join me.

End Scene for S'Raga

Ensign S’Raga
HCO Officer
Amity Outpost