Tri’lea Doyoxo Polgonz: First Steps

Lt. JG Kivik

Dec 28, 2021, 2:23:08 PM12/28/21
to Amity Outpost

//Journal Entry 239812.27

Dear Mother,

You’ll be pleased to know that things are progressing exactly as you’ve orchestrated. Our ships are en route to the Delta Quadrant. Father is overseeing the survey teams’ preparations. I’ve sent along a preliminary message to Ambassador Vataix and First Secretary Ukinix, as you directed.

My love and respect for you is eternal. But I’m still angry. Your lack of transparency still stings.

I wish you could know the weight you’ve left upon me.

Your daughter,

Lea//

((Royal Betazoid Yacht Wanderlust))

Tri’lea sat in her bed, staring at the page in front of her, the ink still drying. She had kept a journal since she was a child, at her mother’s urging. “It will prepare your mind for the responsibilities of the future,” she had said. Idrustix Doyoxo Polgonz always got her way. Her tenacity had been unmatched in life and now, in death, her will still directed the course of Tri’lea’s life. Perhaps moreso than ever before.

She rose, carrying the journal to her desk and tucking it into the top drawer, which slid closed and locked, accessible only by her fingerprint. She knew her mother would never read that letter. It didn’t matter.

Tri’lea was a noble Daughter of the Twentieth House of Betazed, the House of Travellers, House Polgonz - or at least she should have been. Instead, with her dying wishes, her Mother had relegated her to a place of social subservience to her father. He had been named an intermediary Son of House Polgonz until such time as Tri’lea had ‘proven her worth’ as a representative of the House.

The door chimed, a soothing inquisitive tone. Tri’lea sensed from the nervousness of her attendant that their ship was approaching the Station and they’d soon arrive in one of Amity Outpost’s many berths.

Polgonz: ~~ Come in, please. ~~

Her attendant, Rei, entered, carrying a long flowing bag. Tri’lea rolled her eyes. As if this entire endeavour weren’t already disenfranchising enough.

Rei: ~~ Would you like help? ~~

Polgonz: ~~ Thank you. ~~

Rei removed the white gown from the bag, and began dressing Tri’lea, slipping the restraining garment over her arms and cinching it up the back. She felt squeezed in more ways than one.

The reasons for her mother’s decisions felt crystal clear to Tri’lea. If she wanted to ascend to her rightful position and gain control over her family’s assets, she would need to do as her mother wished. Idrustix Doyoxo Polgonz always got her way - but now she was dead. And it was time for her daughter to claim what was rightfully hers.

oO Just a few hoops to jump through first… Oo

Tri’lea lifted a tablet from her desk and skimmed through the letter once more. The letter which held the conditions for her future. Her black eyes skimmed the agreement, and settled on the picture of the woman she was ultimately there to meet. Ceciri k’Ariadust. She reached out a finger and traced the line of the woman’s face.

oO Hello, hoop. Oo

((Amity Outpost - Terminal A, Gate A7))

As Tri’lea followed the pair of attendants forward through the airlock, she smiled at the quaintness of the Starfleet Security Officers posted to guard the entrance to Amity Outpost - the flashy new station on the edge of Federation space. She had spent enough time on the frontier to know the dangers, and the necessary precautions.

Her attendants stepped through first, unwrapping their bundle and rolling out a long purple carpet upon which Tri’lea proceeded towards the awaiting delegation.

Passing through, she was pleased to see that her messages had been received and an appropriate welcome awaited her. She smiled at the Ambassador and First Secretary and noted the others who were present, who she assumed were important to the functioning of the station as well.

Polgonz: Good morning, Ambassador. What an impressive station. ~~ It’s a pleasure to meet you, at last. ~~

Vataix: Response

It surprised, though it did not shock, Tri’lea that Rivi Vataix had replied thus. Of course, she was aware that among many Betazoid circles - particularly among the Houses - that it was common to communicate exclusively telepathically. However, as the House of Travellers so often dealt with non-Betazoids, her mother had always insisted on speaking aloud when in mixed company. Tri’lea supposed it had become something of a habit.

She smiled and gave Rivi a single, deferential nod.

Polgonz: ~~ Very well. If that is your preference. I look forward to the opportunity for further conversation, once my people have settled. Undoubtedly we’ll have much to discuss. ~~

Tri’lea then turned to First Secretary Ukinix. Keehani looked younger than she had expected after reading about her many accomplishments - and indiscretions. Still, Tri’lea held some admiration for the young woman. It was hard to deny that she found Keehani’s drive and motivation relatable - even attractive.

Polgonz: First Secretary. ~~ Or should I say, Daughter of the Ninth House? ::A look of excitement in her eyes:: I’m very glad to make your acquaintance as well. We should meet again soon. ~~

Keehani: Response

Tri’lea smiled warmly as she looked over the other gathered folk with the maternal gaze of a Royal assessing new subjects.

Polgonz: ~~ And who else do we have here? ~~

Vataix/Keehani: Response

TBC

==

PNPC Tri'lea Doyoxo Polgonz (she/her)