[ACT 3] Watcher Naminae: A Thorough Examination of Amity

Roshanara Rahman

Oct 27, 2023, 2:36:48 AM10/27/23
to sb118...@googlegroups.com
((Unknown - A Fantastical Recreation of the Reconciliation Forums of Betazed))

If at one point long ago in the distant past the Watchers had corporeal forms such as these confusing and contradictory creatures before them now, such memories had faded away.

The Watchers themselves were not even from the galaxy they now found themselves examining, having surveyed thousands before already. But while the primitive species on the surface had intrigued them with their strange language--only a handful of other species they had encountered share similarities in their communication style--the arrival of these "Federation" creatures had raised a whole new set of questions.

Where one Watcher ended and another began was difficult to define, but among them, there was broadly a portion who viewed these new creatures with skepticism and apprehension. Their contradictory ways showed their danger, not to mention their predilection for violence.

But another portion of the Watchers reserved judgement, as history had shown first encounters rarely revealed all.

The true form of the Watchers was incomprehensible to the limited minds of these creatures, and the recreation of the Reconciliation Forums of Betazed was a way for their brains to process the questions from the Watchers.

The portion that was skeptical of their stated ideals was conceived by the leading female Federation as one of the ruling matriarchs from her planet of origin, a creature named Naminae Vataix. It seemed this form was most agreeable to the hostility she was sensing. She would be acting in the form of the "adjudicator," directly engaging the creatures with questions to uncover their true intentions.

The other portion of the Watchers was likewise interpreted as another member of the creature's species, this one called Sky Blake. Here, she would be interpreted by the creatures as serving as a "reflector," examining the emotional consistency of their answers for any signs of deceit, although in this particular forum, she would also be asking questions of her own.

As the creatures looked around the recreated hall, Watcher Naminae began the examination.

Watcher Naminae: Although the data in your computer banks corroborate with your stated principles and ideals as explorers, your actions and contradictory statements among yourselves confound us.

The incomplete portions of the recreated environment assembled themselves into their final form.

Watcher Naminae: We shall obtain more data from you directly. Take your seats. The questioning shall begin.

Keehani/Carter/Reade/Blackwood/Wong/Summerside/Ivanovic: Response

Watcher Naminae: Your thoughts are much too confusing. We will examine each of you one by one, per the rules of the Reconciliation Forums.

Keehani/Carter/Reade/Blackwood/Wong/Summerside/Ivanovic: Response

Watcher Naminae: Any disruption is unwelcome, and you will be isolated if that is your preference.

Keehani/Carter/Reade/Blackwood/Wong/Summerside/Ivanovic: Response

Another of the creatures spoke up, this one a mixture of two distantly related species. Her mind was likewise a twisted amalgamation of contradictory cultures.

Esma: Before we begin, is there a copy of the rules? I am unfamiliar with this type of proceeding and would like to study its protocols before I participate.

Watcher Naminae looked over at Watcher Blake.

Watcher Blake: Response

Esma: I would also like to understand what is the purpose of these proceedings and possible outcomes. Is this akin to a criminal court proceeding, and if so, then I request that we be given access to legal counsel.

Again, Watcher Naminae looked over at Watcher Blake before she nodded and then looked back at the one called Esma.

Watcher Naminae: Your questions are numerous and unwelcome. We will examine you last.

Esma suddenly vanished from the group.

Keehani/Carter/Wong/Reade/Blackwood/Summerside/Ivanovic: Response

Watcher Naminae: She has been placed in isolation. There will be no further questions or interruptions. Let us begin.

(OOC: Remember, at this point, only include your portion of the questions in your response! Because you're waiting on questions from the Watchers, you don't need to try to "push the scene" forward as we usually do with 3-4 new tags at the end. Just answer the questions like a Q & A.

Rather than add Watcher Blake tags after every question, know that Watcher Blake may interject at any time in her response and add her own questions.)

--------
((Examination of Keehani Ukinix))

Watcher Naminae: Identify yourself and how we shall address you.

Keehani: Response

Watcher Naminae looked over Keehani closely. Although the appearance of eyes and a body for Naminae was merely an illusion, the Watchers were indeed analyzing the data they had retrieved from the creatures' ship.

Watcher Naminae: Your species is not native to this part of the galaxy. Why have you come here?

Keehani: Response

Watcher Naminae: What is the purpose of Amity Outpost?

Keehani: Response

Watcher Naminae: There is a division in the hierarchy of your operations: this "Federation Diplomatic Corps" and the "Starfleet" that some of these other creatures are affiliated with. Why is this?

Keehani: Response

Watcher Naminae: Which of these organizations has ultimate authority in your operations?

Keehani: Response

Watcher Naminae: Why did you join the Federation Diplomatic Corps?

Keehani: Response

Watcher Blake: Response?

--------
((Examination of John Carter))

Watcher Naminae: Identify yourself and how we shall address you.

Carter: Response

Watcher Naminae: What is the purpose of a Counselor?

Carter: Response

Watcher Naminae: How did you come to choose this profession?

Carter: Response

Watcher Naminae: How does your experience and training as a Counselor affect your leadership when in command of a starship?

Carter: Response

Watcher Naminae: Do you believe a starship commander's authority should be unquestioned?

Carter: Response

Watcher Blake: Response?

--------
((Examination of Ikaia Wong))

Watcher Naminae: Identify yourself and how we shall address you.

Wong: Response

Watcher Naminae: What events led you to a career in Starfleet?

Wong: Response

Watcher Naminae: What does your position on Amity Outpost entail?

Wong: Response

Watcher Naminae: And what has been your assessment of the situation on the Paak homeworld thus far?

Wong: Response

Watcher Naminae: Should the Federation intervene or should it allow the two detained officers to face the Paak tribunal?

Wong: Response

The adjudicator pressed further.

Watcher Naminae: Why?

Wong: Response

Watcher Blake: Response?

--------
((Examination of Scotty Reade))

Watcher Naminae: Identify yourself and how we shall address you.

Reade: Response

Watcher Naminae: Why did you become an engineer?

Reade: Response

Watcher Naminae: What makes a good engineer?

Reade: Response

Watcher Naminae: How well do you know the two detained officers: Wil Ukinix and Robin Hopper?

Reade: Response

Watcher Naminae: Should they be held responsible for the crisis now unfolding on the Paak hoomeworld?

Reade: Response

Watcher Blake: Response?

--------
((Examination of Harrison Blackwood))

Watcher Naminae: Identify yourself and how we shall address you.

Blackwood: Response

Watcher Naminae: What is your desire to venture into space?

Blackwood: Response

Watcher Naminae: Why did your vessel fire upon the unknown vessel?

Blackwood: Response

Watcher Naminae: There was a disagreement about that action from Envoy Keehani Ukinix. Do you agree with her stance?

Blackwood: Response

Watcher Naminae: Why?

Blackwood: Response

Watcher Blake: Response?

--------
((Examination of Kit Ivanovic))

Watcher Naminae: Identify yourself and how we shall address you.

Ivanovic: Response

Watcher Naminae: What is your responsibility as a journalist?

Ivanovic: Response

Watcher Naminae: What is your assessment of the actions that have taken on the bridge of the Independence thus far?

Ivanovic: Response

Watcher Naminae: And your assessment of the situation on the Paak homeworld?

Ivanovic: Response

Watcher Blake: Response?

--------
((Examination of Arthur Summerside))

Watcher Naminae: Identify yourself and how we shall address you.

Summerside: Response

Watcher Naminae: You are not part of these "Federation of Planets." Why are you here then?

Summerside: Response

Watcher Naminae: Do you believe their actions to be reflective of their stated principles and ideals?

Summerside: Response

Watcher Naminae tilted her head slightly, again more an interpretation by Arthur's mind of how the Watchers were perceiving him now with curiosity.

Watcher Naminae: What are your principles and ideals, Arthur Summerside?

Summerside: Response

Watcher Blake: Response?

TAG! TBC...

Watcher Naminae Vataix