Lt Cmdr Wil Ukinix - The Show Must Go On

Wil Ukinix

Mar 27, 2022, 7:58:10 AM3/27/22
to Amity Outpost – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG

((Starfleet Ops, Level 1, Copernicus Center))

Wil looked around at the race directors, and the holographic display of the race.  They were all focused on the rally. He then turned his attention back to Tenille.

Ukinix: ::Quietly:: If they make any movements, if they charge their weapons, if any of those frigates move a metre, immediately go to red alert and raise shields.  Don’t hesitate.  Understood?

Tenille: Yes sir.

Ukinix: In the meantime, quietly notify Commander Iovianus and ask him to meet me in the situation room on Level 6.  And I do mean quietly, with all of the visitors here the last thing we need is a panic on our hands.

Tenille nodded to confirm she understood her orders.  Wil left Ops and made his way into the elevator foyer.  After making sure no-one was around, he tapped his combadge.

Ukinix: =/\= ::Faux cheery tone:: Ukinix to Vataix.  Ambassador, do you have a private moment? =/\=

Vataix: =/\= What is it, Wil? =/\=

Ukinix: =/\= Ma’am, we have a diplomatic situation.  A Kathesis Pact battleship has just warped within proximity of Amity, in our space, their shields are up and their weapons are engaged but not active.  There are ten medium size support vessels nearby.  This is a potentially hostile act.  =/\=

Vataix: =/\= Yes, we just saw. We've beamed back aboard Amity and are about to head to the Independence. =/\=

Ukinix: =/\= ::nervous sigh:: Okay.  Your orders, ma’am? =/\=

Vataix: =/\= I want you to continue overseeing the race. My diplomatic staff will handle this. ::She paused for a moment, her voice softer.:: Don't worry. =/\=

He would try his best not to worry, but knew that was going to be hard.  He made his way back into Ops as he finished his conversation with Rivi.

Ukinix: =/\= Understood, Ambassador. =/\=

Vataix: =/\= I expect great celebrations once the winners cross the finish line. We'll cheer then. Vataix out. =/\=

Wil walked back to crewman Tenille as quickly as he could, then sat next to the Bajoran.

Ukinix: Any movement from the Kathesis Pact?

Tenille: ::Shaking head:: None, sir.  The battleship, and its support ships, are all holding position.

Ukinix: OK.  Your previous orders still stand.  If anything changes for the worse, raise shields, go to red alert.

Tenille: Aye Sir.

Keeping the race going seemed like a risk to Wil.  The Kathesis Pact may have only been trying to flex political muscle in a hostile way, but what if it the situation quickly deteriorated?  He hoped to hell that diplomacy worked.  If it didn’t – the race would not only have to be abandoned, but the racers themselves would have to be protected.

Just as Wil was about to move back to race control, his combadge chirped.

Reade: =/\= Commander, we found the first downed shuttle, starting repairs and medical triage. Thought we keep you in the loop =/\=

Ukinix: =/\= Thanks Scotty.  Sounds like you’ve got it under control.  Be advised that a Kathesis Pact battleship has warped into Amity Space.  When you come back, keep well clear of it.  Ukinix out.  =/\=

TBC…

Lieutenant Commander Wil Ukinix

Starfleet attaché and First Officer

Amity Outpost