Lt. Robin Hopper: It’s Off To Work We Go (Part 2)

Robin Hopper

Feb 22, 2023, 5:13:17 AM2/22/23
to Amity Outpost

((One Hour Later – Control Room – Mining Rig, Asteroid))

// First Officer’s Log, supplemental.

We’ve managed to make contact with the miners on the upper levels of the mining rig. Evidently, what began as a benamite processing accident managed to attract the attention of some sort of crystalline cosmotozoan – or something resembling one anyways. A big nasty space flower that eats radiation for breakfast and is trying to exterminate us, or something… Were this not a simulation, we’d definitely be back to study it. Our communications with the Jemison and Halsey have been spotty at best, but from what we’ve gathered, the Jemison, Halsey, and our Hirogen friends have been keeping it busy.

Meanwhile, Scotty and Nathan are working to repair the systems that will allow the miners to evacuate. With the cosmotozoan preoccupied, we’ve also managed to contain some of the damaged areas and buy additional time from the shields. Some of the worst “injured” miners – indicated with red badges – and those suffering from severe radiation poisoning – purple badges – have been ferried back to the Jemison, Halsey, and Bronwyn for treatment.

We’re about to regroup now and figure out the next stage of our plan… Oh! Here they come.

End Log //

Robin tucked her PADD under her arm as the others joined her – Reade, Richards, Iko, and Commander Iovianus.

Hopper: Scotty, Nathan, how are things going with repairs?

Reade/Richards: Responses

Hopper: How soon do you expect we can start evacuating the remaining miners?

Reade/Richards: Responses

((OOC – Can backsim more conversation here as needed.))

Next she turned to Iovianus. As (temporary) First Officer of the Halsey, they were technically on ‘equal footing’ during the exercise, but there was no denying his greater wealth of experience. Now that he’d had time to get acquainted with the situation, she deferred to him for the next leg of the plan.

Hopper: Commander, what are you thinking in regards to damage control and safety? The situation’s been kept relatively stable, but there’s no telling how much longer the rest of Blue Team can keep that creature occupied.

Iovianus/Iko: Responses

Hopper: ::Nodding::  Right, what can I do to support that?

Iovianus/Iko: Responses

((OOC – Can backsim more conversation here as needed.))

Hopper: Understood. Nice work, everyone.  ::Tapping her combadge::  =/\= Lieutenant Flint, how are you managing out there? =/\=

Flint: =/\= -----ing bloody craz- ------ish thing!!!  Fine, ma’am. Ju-- dandy. =/\=

It was hard to suppress a smile. While they were ‘treating’ miners with coloured badges, Flint and the other helms officers were out their fighting a simulated space monster with the Hirogen, complete with all the fancy flying. She wondered if Flint was, in fact, regretting his decision to come along and give Sh’jinn all the ‘glory’.

Hopper: =/\= I’m going to forward a text report your way. Hopefully you can forward it along to Commander Ukinix. I don’t think audio’s going to cut it right now. =/\=

Flint: =/\= I’ll --- he gets it! Bloody he--!  =/\=

She closed the commline and pressed send on her PADD, forwarding a report on their progress to Commander Ukinix. She hoped he was enjoying command.

Hopper: ::To Reade, Richards, Iovianus, Iko::  Okay, with that done… I’m yours! Let’s get to it.

Reade/Richards/Iovianus/Iko: Responses

TBC

==

Lt. Robin Hopper (she/they)