Lt. JG Rebecca Iko - In space, no-one can hear you scream (which is fine for Bec, because her dialogue just became "#@%^!!" )

Zenia Emba

Jun 23, 2022, 3:59:30 AM6/23/22
to sb118...@googlegroups.com
((Hull, Independence-B(R2)))

Flint: =/\= Heads up, everyone. We’re being watched again. Let’s hope they’re just here to observe our technique… =/\=

Someone was casually watching.

Ukinix: =/\= Same shuttle as before? Or a different one you think? =/\=

Richards: =/\= ::releasing another mag lock:: Kind of hard to say. I mean, technically they are *all* the same shuttle. =/\=

Iko: =/\= Again with attempts to confuse me- =/\=

Flint: Response

Barberra: =/\= ::Threatening tone, waving arms at shuttle in distance while “addressing” distant shuttle:: Hey… Heeeey! I will break into this reflection Indy, and arm the self-destruct sequence, and you don’t have shields so that won’t be particularly nice for you! =/\=

Ukinix: =/\= Na nah, let ‘em watch. It’s likely a version of us after all. Let’s just keep working. ::Looking at Annamae:: You’d actually *do* that? =/\=

Barberra: =/\= ::Deliberate wicked witch tone:: You’ll never know… ::wicked witch laugh:: =/\=

Ukinix: =/\= Oh lordy. ::Changing subject, To Nathan:: Okay, all the clamps and locking mechanisms have been released on this side. =/\=

Richards: =/\= Same over here. =/\=

Bec pulled on the last maglock. It didn't wanna budge, but it did.

Iko: =/\= ::Grunt:: Okay, thats it for me. =/\=

Barberra: =/\= All ready, sirs. =/\=

Flint: Response

Ukinix: =/\= Then let’s hoist us out a subspace antenna and let Lieutenant Flint experience what it would have been like to be an old-fashioned crane operator. What’s next, Ensign Richards? A spot of welding? =/\=

Richards: =/\= We can weld the cables to the antenna’s mounting points to help us lift it out. From there? We might need to figure that out. =/\=

Iko: =/\= once we get it up it'll be easy to strap down. =/\=

Up, down, left, right...

Directions + 0-G = ???

Flint: =/\= Response =/\=

Ukinix: =/\= Eh, we’re stuck in an anomaly that we have no idea how to get out of, and maybe about to be forced to form a new version of Starfleet with hundreds of reflection versions of ourselves, how much worse can it get? =/\=

Barberra: =/\= Sir, I can think of *many* ways worse- =/\=

Ukinix: =/\= ::To Barberra:: Shoosh; you. =/\=

Richards: =/\= Let’s not focus on what could happen. Let’s just get this thing out so we can get the hell out of this place. =/\=

Iko: =/\= Yes please. =/\=

Flint: =/\= Response =/\=

Richards: =/\= Alright, Lieutenant. Bring the shuttle in, try and keep a 45 degree vector with the hull, nose out. =/\=

Flint: =/\= Response =/\=

Proximity alarms were heard.

oO The #&%@ is that FOOoOooOOR?! Oo

It wasn't an indy, or a type 10 shuttle. Whatever it was, there was a $%@# ton more heading their way. And this indy got one hell of a beating. And so did all the others.

Richards: =/\=We need to get back in the-=/\=

You couldn't hear it, but you knew the sound would probably be something like "BOOM" or "CRASH" if space let you hear stuff

Ukinix/Flint: =/\= Response =/\=

Iko: =/\= REPORT! =/\=

That was probably what someone highter ranked (such as Wil) should say, but if your being bombarded with - were they probes? - then you probably don't care less.

The ship was under an almost constant bombardment from the probes that seemed to endlessly multiply as they flew through the anomaly. Nathan looked back up towards their shuttle. His mouth opened to say something, but he didn’t have a chance. A probe collided with the hull only meters away from him, causing the plating to flex and break the lock with his boots. He was thrown from the hull, flipping end over end into the void.

Richards: =/\=@%#$! =/\=

Iko: =/\= RICHIE!! =/\=

He was falling away from them.

Ukinix/Flint: =/\= Response =/\=

Bec went and grabbed the closest cable she couhd find and tied it around her waist, the other end still connected to the Indy(R2). Then she launched herself off the hull and towards Richie.

Iko: RICHIE! RICHIE talk to US!

Flint/Ukinix: =/\= response =/\=

Richards: response

Those #&$@%^# probes were back, and fast.

Iko: Ah #%&@!

Nathan missed one, but got a double blow straight after. She couldn't hear him, but his face looked like he was screaming as he thumbled away from her, trying to not be shattered the the second probe, which sent him into unconsciousness, or thereabouts.

Ukinix/Flint: =/\= response =/\=

Iko: =/\= RICHIE!! #$&@ $@#% &^#$@! =/\=

Ukinix/Flint: =/\= response =/\=

She shoved her thrusters on and got to the end of her cable just able to grab Nathans foot with the cable yanking her back.

Away from him.

Now came the processes of quickly untieing the knot in 0-g while not letting go of the cable, wearing EV suit gloves, whilst feeling extreme panic and having to watch out for probes.

Iko: =/\= #$&@^%* hell... =/\=

Ukinix/Flint: =/\= response =/\=

She got it, undone, wraping it a couple of times with one arm and reaching out with the other.

This time she got his foot, and it didn't slip away. There was a small hole on Richard's EV suit pant, which was being clotted with blood like a scab. She pulled him in closer, and pulled the cable in closer.

Iko: =/\= GOT HIM! =/\=

She didn't exactly mean to shout, but thats what happened.

Ukinix/Flint: =/\= response =/\=

Iko: =/\= Now, get us in the shUUUTLLLE! =/\=

Another probe had come zooming past. She coukd swear it scraped her back.

Flint/Ukinix: =/\= response =/\=

Iko: =/\= GET US THE #%&@ OUT OF HERE! =/\=

Flint/Ukinix: =/\= response =/\=

Richards: response