Ensign Nathan Richards - Good Ole' Yogi

Travis St. John

May 19, 2022, 10:20:54 AM5/19/22
to sb118...@googlegroups.com

((Gym, Amity Outpost))

Iko: Have you seen the Mezz yet?

Richards: I have. It was one of my first stops when I came aboard.

Iko: What about the peace park?

Richards: That I have not. It is on my list of things to do, though.

Iko: Complete that list while you can, We're bound to be off solving some crisis.  Or unintentionally creating one, and then solving it. ::chuckle::

Richards: I’ve heard it’s a great place just to relax.

Iko: and its got little snippets from everyone’s home.

Richards: ::Raising his eyebrow:: Is this your way of offering to take me there and show me around?

Iko: Well - yes. ::chuckle::

Richards: I wouldn’t say no. ::laughing:: Can’t exactly fault meeting someone new and getting a tour.

Iko: That you cannot. Lets head to the train.

Nathan followed Iko out of the gym, tossing his towel into one of the bins  He had neglected to bring his uniform with him to change into, so he was going along a bit more casual.

((A little later, peace park, Amity Outpost))

The train ride was full of conversation, with Iko filling Nathan in on some of the other Crew members and Officers. Nathan just sitting back and listening. Taking in all of the information that would hopefully help him better get along with the rest of the crew. Not that he felt that it would be an issue, but everything helps.

Iko: So you see, our CMO is really - like really sweet. Along with alotta people here, aha, here we are.

The train came to a stop, and the both stepped off. Nathan took a deep breath, taking in all of the smells from the trees, shrubs, and flowers. Many familiar, and still many more that were different.

Richards: This certainly is something. ::Smiling::

He walked up to one of the closest trees, not recognizing it offhand, and ran his hand down the trunk.

Iko: see? Snippets of home.

Richards: Snippets of home. ::still smiling:: I think I found my new favorite place on this station.

Iko: Response

Richards: I’m constantly surprised by what this station has to provide. I think I’m going to like it here. Thank you for helping me cross this off of my list.

He wandered a little bit, looking around for any of the trees he had grown up with. It didn’t take long to find a small section of trees that grew from the upper Midwest of North America. He quickly found a Red Cedar and sat down at the base of it, resting up against it.

Iko: Response

Richards: There was a trail that I used to take my youngest sister Alexis down every fall. It was called the Trail of the Cedars. Kind of uninspired if you ask me, but it was always beautiful after the leaves began to change colors. She didn’t want to go one year, so it was just me  about 300 kilometers away from our house, sitting on a small hill enjoying the view. That’s when I met good ole’ Yogi.

Nathan hoped she understood the ancient earth reference, Yogi Bear.

Iko: Response

Richards: I was only 16 at the time and didn’t really have much in the way of an escape route. He was on me ‘faster than the wind’ my father would always say.

Iko: Response

Richards: I’m sorry. I just went off on that tangent without an provocation.

Iko: Response

Tag/TBC

Ensign Nathan Richards

Engineering Officer