Ensign Nathan Richards - Let's Get This Party Started!

Travis St. John

Dec 5, 2022, 2:41:12 AM12/5/22
to sb118...@googlegroups.com

((The Glommer and Beagle, Grand Mezzanine, Amity Outpost))

Richards: What are we talkin? Comedy? Karaoke? Slam poetry?

Iko: But, to answer your question Robin, these guys usually don’t.

S’Raga: I’ll be ok watching from the sidelines for this one.

Wong: Response

Hopper: ::Shrugging:: Sounds fun to me! I don’t know any poems, and I’m sure I’d be boo’d off the stage if I tried my hand at comedy. But I think a couple drinks could convince me that singing was a good idea…

Richards: ::Smirking:: Get a few drinks in me, and I’ll be up there doing all of the above in no time.

Iko: I’d go up but I’d probably #$%@&$ swear too much…

Bec raised her hands.

Iko: Case in point.

S’Raga: ::To Bec, with a big, toothy grin:: I won’t complain if you want to give it a go anyway!

Wong: Response

Richards: What can I say, I’m fun when I drink.

Hopper: ::Chuckling:: You’re a menace. ::Tilting her head to the side and scrunching up her face as if she were admitting she secretly enjoyed Klingon pain sticks:: A fun menace…

Nathan beamed at Robin, before chuckling.

Richards: Hopper gets it!

Wong: Response

Just then, the server approached and began distributing their food. Nathan was a tad confused when two plates of jalapeno poppers were set in front of him. His confusion was quickly gone when Robin reached over and took two poppers from one of the plates. oO Well played, Hopper. Well played. Oo

S’Raga: Nathan, you ordered food already? We just got here!

Nathan smiled and shrugged. What could he say? He was hungry.

Server: Would anyone care to place a drink order while I’m here? Hopefully you’ve all had time to browse our taps list?

Hopper: I’ll take a Moscow Mule, please - with a dash of pineapple juice. ::Looking around the table:: I can’t drink beer - but I’d go in on  a pitcher of sangria or something, if anyone’s into that.

Iko: I’m honestly happy with whatever, but :: turning to the server:: I’ll also take a glass of whiskey for myself.

Wong: Response

Nathan quickly looked over the beverage selection on the menu PADD before settling on his old go-to.

Richards: I’ll take a Rum and Cola, make it a double.

S’Raga: Just a glass of k’larr on ice for me, please.

Server: Alright, I’ll get those orders in. Be right back. Enjoy your food, everyone.

Nathan settled into his seat, throwing a popper into his mouth.

Hopper: Not to get ahead of ourselves, but where should we go next? I’ve been tying to try one of the symmetrical cocktails at Three Stripes - ::chuckling:: and we should probably go there before we all get too trashed.

S’Raga: ::genuine confusion:: What makes a cocktail “symmetrical”?

Richards: Probably some kind of Vulcan mixology or something. ::Chuckling::

Wong: Response

Hopper: Oh - and has anyone been to that place that just opened up in the merchant district? What’s it called? The Something Targ?

Iko: Terrible Targ. That one you will get trashed at, no matter how hard you try.

That sounded like the great way to end this pub crawl.

S’Raga: Well, I might not be participating in the drinking, but I’ll be happy to go wherever you all want to go!

Nathan had to commend his roommate’s enthusiasm. He might not be a drinker, but he was happy to be included.

Richards: I will go wherever the night takes us!

Hopper/Wong: Response

Iko: Especially if we want a challenge.

Nathan raised an eyebrow at that. What kind of challenge was she referring to? Wasn’t this just a pub crawl?

S’Raga: ::With a quick chuckle:: Wow, the Terrible Targ sounds like it really lives up to its name.

Wong/Hopper: Response

Richards: It definitely sounds interesting.

Iko: You have to have one more drink than  at the last Bar. Should be easy enough…

She raised her hands again.

Iko: If people are willing.

The server returned with their drink orders and gave them out. Nathan picked up his glass of rum and cola, holding it up into the air.

Richards: To another great shoreleave, to the mission ahead, and…::Thinking:: to our health? I guess ::chuckling::

Glasses clinked and everyone drank, enjoying the company of those around.

Wong/Hopper/Iko: Response

S’Raga: So, who’s taking a turn at the microphone, then?

Nathan looked around, no one seemed keen on jumping up just yet to put themselves up on the stage.

Richards: I think the first one to bring it up has to go up there. ::Pointing to S’Raga:: That would be you, buddy.

Wong/Hopper/Iko: Response

S’Raga: Oh, no no no, you don’t want to hear me sing. Besides, all i know is Caitian folk music.

Richards: Now that, I would love to hear!

Wong/Hopper/Iko/S’Raga: Response

Nathan took a swig from his glass and set it back down on the table. He looked towards the stage again.

Richards: I haven’t had enough to drink yet. ::chuckling:: Plus I don’t think my musical taste fits with the crowd here. I might wait until Wet Goods.

Wong/Hopper/Iko/S’Raga: Response

Richards: More drinks! We are here for fun! More drinks!

He waved towards the server, even though none of them was even close to finishing off their first round.

Richards: Another round! Let’s get this Pub Crawl going!

Wong/Hopper/Iko/S’Raga: Response

TAGS/TBC!

Ensign Nathan Richards

Engineering Officer