Ensign Kivik: Surprise Redecorating

Keegan Flick-Parker

Oct 18, 2021, 2:54:03 PM10/18/21
to Amity Outpost

((OOC - Incorporating Reade’s latest sim with Kelrod’s earlier posting, since they don’t seem to conflict.))

((Amity Outpost - Grand Mezzanine, Lorqui’s Shop))

Reade: We would like to order something.

Kansatsu-sha: Music to my ears what will it be?

Reade: I will let Ensign Kivik explain.

Kivik: Thanks, Scotty – well, my idea is to have a centerpiece, to put in the middle of a dining table, in the shape of our old ship, the USS Veritas. I’m sure you can find the specs easily enough. Do you think that would be possible?

Kansatsu-sha: All right, I'll do my best to meet your requirements. Tell me exactly what do you want. Any particular detail? Color, texture, preferred material?

Kivik: I hadn’t considered the material. ::To Reade:: I’ll let Engineering answer that question!

Reade: Thanks Kivik. I think we would like it to have a wood feel. Maybe maple or oak wood? If possible to get these out in the Delta Quadrant.

Kivik was caught off guard by Reade’s response. oO Wood? For a centerpiece in the shape of a starship? ::shrugging mentally:: Well, if that’s what he wants… Oo

Kansatsu-sha: Centerpieces are so particular. I know an engineer would like some special features. Would you like something like that?

Kivik: Special features? Well, I don’t know. What did you have in mind?

Reade: Can we get a holographic projector in the middle of the table? Something that could project something?

Kivik looked at nir roommate again. Scotty certainly seemed to have grand plans for this. Ne could see a glint of excitement in his eye and thought back to the zeal with which Scotty had approached his own engineering projects in the past.

oO This should be interesting… I suppose that could be fun. Oo

Kansatsu-sha: I'm not sure, I have yet to know you. But if its big enough I guess we can iluminate parts of it, even make it project a hologram of the seal or registry.

Kivik: ::To Kansatsu-sha:: That does sound fun - as long as you think it can be done subtly. ::To Reade:: We’ll have to have Lieutenant Wong over soon! Are you thinking what I’m thinking?

Reade: Indeed, if you can make the above idea work, that would be great. We can then surprise him for the time being. I think that is a great idea.

Kansatsu-sha: I'll do a first sketch of what you've told me, I'll send it to you so you can approve it and then I'll make a holographic recreation for you to check out how it'll be. It won't be exact as I'll give it my personal touch when polishing the details, but given that this will be my first work on this station and with you, I want it to be perfect.

Kivik: Response

Kansatsu-sha: If you're satisfied with my work and ask me for something else, it'll be easier for me to do them to your liking.

Kivik: Response

Reade: I see. Please let us know once this is completed.

((Amity Outpost - Habitat Ring, ‘San Francisco Bay’, Scotty & Kivik’s Quarters))

Kivik had awoken early that morning in anticipation of nir first proper visit to the science facilities aboard Amity. Ne sat on the small deck off the living space - which overlooked the quaint recreation of one of Earth’s most famous cities - a PADD in hand, looking over the specs for the various labs, with a replicated Diristani Neurocoffee.

oO The one benefit to life outside the Federation is a proper cup of Diristani… Oo Of course, the real thing was heavily tariffed in Federation space - so a more agreeable replicated form would have to do.

Reade: Morning Kivik!

Kivik: Ah, good morning, Scotty. ::Yawning:: Have you had breakfast?

The Ensign stood and adjusted the fit of nir uniform.

Kivik: Say, when you have a chance, perhaps you could look into our replicator. I could swear the stitching on this uniform feels different.

Reade: Sleep well? I do love the San Francisco vibes this gives? Remind me to explain some Earth facts later?

Kivik: Hmm? Oh, yes, I slept fine - and I’m always up for more Earth facts! ::Yawning again:: Honestly! I’ve just gotten so used to life on board a starship that this more ‘natural’ environment - you know, simulated sunlight, walking ‘outside’ to catch the morning view… It’s quite relaxing by comparison!

Kivik stood and walked inside to join Reade at their table. After arriving at their quarters, they had spent some time staring at the small grey thing. Kivik still felt concerned about the impending order from Kansatsu-sha, the craftsman. oO Is that thing really going to fit on this little side table? Oo

Scotty and Kivik were eating food, when the door chimed. They both looked towards each other, no one was expecting anybody to arrive.

Reade: Come in!

Kivik: Who could that be? ::Suddenly nervous:: Oh, I’m not late for my first day am I?!

Reade: Oh, it's Lorqui from the furniture store. I assume our table is ready.

Kivik breathed a sigh of relie- oO Our TABLE? Oo

Kansatsu-sha: Response

The Pygorian merchant entered, rolling a large round table along its edge. It seemed to have been made from some sort of unfamiliar Delta Quadrant wood with a silvery reflective quality to it – or perhaps it was simply engineered that way. All the same… it was an entire table - and by the looks of it, it could probably seat… six or even eight people.

Kivik was stunned into momentary silence as Lorqui wheeled it over - maintaining a wide-eyed stare at the incoming piece.

Reade: Thanks for the table!

Kivik: ::Sputtering:: Uh.. the- that’s an entire table. I- did you arrange this Reade?

Ne looked at him and received nothing to confirm nor deny the allegation - which was damming enough. oO The gall! I can’t believe he’s left me eating at this sad little thing for weeks without telling me this was coming. Oo

While the J’naii began plotting nir revenge, Reade had already moved on to the next order of business…

Reade: Now, we just need to surprise Lt. Wong.

Kivik: ::Catching up:: Yes - I do think he’ll like our ‘little surprise’... Say, Lorqui, have you completed the custom centerpiece as well?

Kansatsu-sha: Response

Kivik: ::Leaning in:: And would you happen to know where a pair of Junior Officers might discreetly dispose of a small gray eyesore? ::Glaring at the current table::

Kansatsu-sha: Response

While Lorqui went to grab the centerpiece, Kivik stood beside Reade and looked at their new acquisition.

Kivik: Well, Scotty… it’s far too big, it doesn’t really match any of our other decor, and it may even be in breach of some regulation… but it is kind of perfect, isn’t it?

Reade: Response

They paused and looked at the new table a moment longer, admiring the expert craftsmanship.

Kivik: ::Softly:: But, uh, you didn’t order any other surprises, did you?

Reade: Response

Kansatsu-sha: Response

Kivik: ::Turning to look at what the Pygorian had brought:: Now this should be good!

Kansatsu-sha/Reade: Response

END / TBC?

===
Ensign Kivik (ne/nem/nir)