EMH Mark VII - Garlic

Wil Ukinix

Feb 14, 2023, 7:45:47 PM2/14/23
to Amity Outpost – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG

((Doctor’s Office, Sick Bay, USS Jemison))

Bedside manner in previous EMH versions had seemed to be an issue, so the programmer’s had gone for “minimalistic” disposition configuration settings in the Mark VII with the intent that it was neither offensive nor inoffensive.

The EMH Mark VII, transferred to the Jemison for the miner rescue exercise, was therefore known for having a deep baritone voice, being ridiculously calm, and having a dry wit with very little emotional expression.

After having been activated by the Jemison’s acting First Officer, the EMH had not much to do.  Sickbay had already been prepped, and all systems and medical personnel were on standby given the change of ship status to yellow alert.

So, the EMH sat in the Doctor’s office, with his feet up on the desk, reading a PADD.  On it was an edition of the comic “T’Senara”, the namesake of the illustrated fictional Vulcan cape-wearing doctor who was also a galactic superhero.

EMH: ::To Himself,. looking at PADD:: You can be my doctor any day, T’Senara.

Hopper/Richards: Response

The EMH slowly looked up at the pair, and lowered his PADD so that it was sitting on his lap, the illustrated comic’s cells visibly showing the comic that he was reading.

He spoke in his naturally calm, measured, baritone voice.

EMH: Welcome to sickbay.  Are you the medical emergency?

Hopper/Richards: Response

EMH: I see.  Well, I can arrange that.  How much Hyronalyn do you need?

Hopper/Richards: Response

The EMH got up and made his way over to the nearby replicator.

EMH: That much, eh.  I’ll see what I can do.  ::Moving over to console next to replicator::  I can also provide a small box of garlic.

He began tapping the console next to it, to enter instructions into the replicator.

Hopper/Richards: Response

EMH: Garlic tastes good in a pasta.  You just never know.

Hopper/Richards: Response

Beams of light began to criss-cross in the replicator’s bay, turning energy into matter.  Once completed, a matt dark grey case sat in the replicator’s recessed bay.  He grabbed it with two hands, and then turned around to give it to Richards.

EMH: There you are.  A box to take with you.  Keep in mind it’s complex.

Hopper/Richards: Response

EMH: No, the word “Hyronalyn” is complex.  Some people have difficulty pronouncing it.

Hopper/Richards: Response

EMH: Take one hypospray each, and call me in the morning.

Hopper/Richards: Response

(OOC: Happy to backsim here as necessary!)

Tags/TBC!

EMH Mark VII
Medical Officer
USS Jemison (on loan from USS Kitty Hawk)
V239511WU0