Pular para a primeira mensagem não lida

Wil Ukinix

não lida,
7 de out. de 2021, 08:12:4007/10/2021
para sb118...@googlegroups.com

((Grand Mezzanine, Amity Outpost))

Wil slowly walked along the slightly curved mezzanine level.  He sipped a coffee from a black mug that had a silver “Brew Continuum” stamped mug, complete with a silhouette of Amity Outpost inside the Starfleet symbol.  He stopped to look at some of other establishments that were already open for trading.  Many other spaces in between had a “coming soon” holosign hovering in front of them.

He wondered how busy the mezzanine would look when all of those vacant spaces were filled.

He also noticed the pub that was near the end of the mezzanine, named “The Glommer and Beagle,” was closed.  He was keen to investigate it, given that it would be his new (and likely only) “local”.

Next door to the pub - also closed - was an upmarket looking fancy cocktail bar that didn’t seem to have a name.  Instead, over the door hung a clear square sign with three purple rounded lines imprinted on it.

oO So fancy they don’t even advertise their name outside. Oo

He turned around and casually walked over to the rail at the mezzanine’s edge, looking down at the main area below.  On a flight of stairs that led up to the middle of the mezzanine he saw a Starfleet officer he had very briefly met at Hammer’s bowling alley on the Thor but hadn’t spoken to yet.

Ukinix: ::To Kizanna:: Lieutenant!

He slowly walked his way over to the Betazoid officer.

Ukinix: Hello, Lieutenant, I don’t think we’ve officially met.  You were in the bowling game.

Reid: Response

Ukinix: ::offering hand:: Wil.  How are you enjoying the station so far?

Reid: Response

Ukinix: ::Looking around:: It’s big.  I dunno, I was a bit hesitant about living on a Station at first compared to serving on a starship, but I am liking the extra room.

Reid: Response

Ukinix: It’ll be a very different kind of gig serving under an Ambassador.  ::Slight smile:: Especially a Noble socialite.

Reid: Response

Ukinix: I’m actually one-quarter Betazoid myself.  My grandfather moved to Earth to be with my grandmother.

oO And after he was stripped of his nobility by his parents. Oo

Reid: Response

Ukinix: I got the empathic “gift.”  It skipped my Dad, but instead hit me like a galaxy class starship when I was in my teens.

The onset of it was gradual after he turned sixteen, but the sensing of people’s emotions around him got stronger and stronger over time.  Most Betazoids received some sort of training to cope with their abilities, but under the assumption by his family that he would have very weak empathic skills like his father, that training didn’t happen.  He had to develop coping methods after the fact which was harder.

It changed his demeanour.  His grades at school suffered, and his dream of joining Starfleet to be an officer just like his Mum had become almost out of reach.

His parents tried many counsellors before his mother, a Starfleet officer, leaned on a Vulcan colleague of hers, T’Rav.  Thankfully the Vulcan used her own teachings from her childhood and adapted them to the empathic teenage boy, teaching him how to use meditation and logic to ignore the emotions of those around him.  It helped him to cope, and over the years he found his own methods to deal with it.  Annoying as it was, it was still a part of him, and it always would be.

Reid: Response

Tags/TBC!

Lieutenant Commander Wil Ukinix

Starfleet attaché and First Officer