PNPC Lt. Commander Katy Toliver," Night Dreams."

KENNETH COTTON

Aug 16, 2022, 9:06:50 PM8/16/22
to Amity Outpost – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG
((Brew Continuum, Amity Outpost))

There was no doubt in Katys' mind that Starfleet ran of coffee, like starships ran on antimatter. Seated at the table, she smiled as Scotty walked in...

Toliver: Good morning! How are you?

Reade: Good Morning Katy. I am doing alright. How are you?

Toliver: motioning for him to sit:: I'm good. Have a seat and order some coffee...

Reade: ::nodding to Katy:: Yes, thank you. Can I get a double double, please? Dark roast.

Katy nodded to the nearby barista to fill his order and once she acknowledged it, hustled off to make it happen...

Toliver: Your drink will be here in a minute. Now::taking a sip:: what would you like to talk about?

Reade: I wanted to talk about something traumatic I recently experienced.

It didn't take long for the barista to return with the coffee, and once he took a sip, Katy spoke...

Toliver: What happened?

Reade: Do you remember the memorial service for the lost Ensign recently?

Toliver: Yes...yes I do.

Reade: I have some very…

The expression on Scottys' face changed...she had seen people do this before, reliving trauma. Sometimes it was best to wait a few seconds before responding. Gently, Katy spoke...

Toliver: Scotty...Scotty...

Reade: Sorry, I zoned out. I wanted to talk about losing the Ensign.

Toliver: Okay...tell me what's been going on...

Reade: I have been having nightmares recently. The event keeps playing over and over. It was really bad one night that I had to speak to Kivik for a bit to calm my nerves down.

Toliver: It's good that you spoke with someone about this, especially a friend.

The key part was that he was talking to someone, in this case a friend. That was always a good sign.

Reade: response

Toliver: I want you to tell me everything about the dream...if it becomes overwhelming, I want you to stop. If for some reason you can't just listen to my voice and I will guide you out of it. Are you willing to try that?

Reade: response

TAG/TBC

PNPC Lt. Commander Katy Toliver

 Counselor