Ensign S'Raga - Hissed Off

S'Raga

Dec 4, 2022, 10:38:22 AM12/4/22
to sb118...@googlegroups.com
((Main Street, Merchant District, Amity Outpost))

As the two salespeople led S'Raga toward their shop, there was a fleeting moment where he seriously considered using physical force to break free from the Orion's hold. S'Raga took pause at that thought; something like that would be very uncharacteristically aggressive of him. Could this be the result of those Orion pheromones he's heard about? Or was it just something about pushy salespeople that put S'Raga on edge?

As they turned the corner, Bob's storefront came into view. S'Raga could see screens inside displaying various space yachts. He groaned to himself as he braced for what a colossal waste of time this will no doubt turn out to be. Before they could take him inside, though, S'Raga saw a familiar face walking by.

S'Raga: Nathan!

Olivia: I knew this was going to happen

Richards: Hey, roomie. What’s going on over here?

Bob: Response

S'Raga locked eyes with Nathan and mouthed "Help me!", hoping he'll provide an opportunity to escape.

Richards: I’m going to have to ask you to release my fellow officer. He has no business with you.

S'Raga breathed a sigh of relief. He'll have to buy Nathan a drink later to thank him for stepping in.

Olivia: He can go…

S'Raga shrugged himself out of the Orion's grasp and walked over to stand by Nathan. He glared at the salespeople with disdain. He felt much angrier about the situation that he expected to. Perhaps it really was a reaction to some nefarious pheromones.

S'Raga: Here's some free advice. You'll find most Caitians tend to react poorly to pushy sales tactics.

Bob: Response

Richards: Deals that will take much too long to ‘pay off’ and ‘yachts’ that will burn up within weeks of being purchased? I’ve seen your type before. But usually they are Ferengi.

Olivia: Pfft- Ferengi’s don't give you thirty-day money back guarantees like we do.

Bob: response

Olivia: ::cutting him off, through gritted teeth:: Work with me here!

S’Raga: And another thing. You might want to avoid provoking a Starfleet officer that can influence your ability to renew your business license on this station.

S'Raga in fact had no idea if his Ops duties had anything to do with business licenses on Amity, but to avoid being called out on his bluff by the telepath, he made himself believe for this moment that they did.

Bob: Response

Richards: He already has access to a ship. ::Smiling at S’Raga::

S'Raga glanced over to his roommate and returned the smile.

S'Raga: That's right! ::Turning back to Bob and Olivia:: So I won't be in need of your services... Ever.

Bob: Response

Richards: Now, if you will excuse us. We have official business to attend to.

In a bold move, the Orion woman grabbed Nathan by the wrist.

Olivia: Sir, If you wouldn’t mind, we’re just trying our best.

S'Raga let out an irritated sigh.

S'Raga: By forcefully dragging people into your shop? You can do better. Maybe try with a little more civility next time.

Bob/Richards: Response

S'Raga and Nathan turned their backs to the Betazoid and Orion salespeople and walked away. After a brief moment, once they were out of earshot, S'Raga spoke.

S'Raga: Thanks for coming to my rescue. I really appreciate it.

Richards: Response

S'Raga: I don't know what it was exactly, but something about those two really got under my fur. And for a Caitian, that's really saying something.

Richards: Response

S'Raga: Well, thanks again. I owe you a drink. What're you up to now? We could head over to Wet Goods.

Richards: Response

End Scene for S'Raga

Ensign S’Raga
HCO Officer