Crewman Annamae Barberra - Your Choice

Wil Ukinix

Jul 22, 2022, 12:01:59 AM7/22/22
to Amity Outpost – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG

((Bridge, USS Independence-B – Docked on top of Terminal B at Amity Outpost))

With the ship’s shutdown procedure now completed, Annamae stood up from her console, and began to make her way towards the turbolift… but her dark fascination with Lieutenant Flint finally got the better of her.  She stopped, and then pivoted on her foot to turn back and look at him.

Barberra: Excuse me, sir?

Flint: Hmm?

Barberra: ::Nervously grabbing her thumb with other hand:: I couldn't help but notice your eyepiece, and-

Her big brown shining eyes darted left and right a few times.  An intense curiosity washed over Annamae as hundreds of questions in her brain all fought for neural priority.  "What was your Borg designation?"  "What's it like being assimilated?"  "Did the Borg queen ever have bingo nights?"  There were *countless* more Borg related questions flooding her mind.

And all of those questions, along with her intense natural curiosity, all competed with each other in Annamae's mental space until the hodge-podge of thoughts, questions, and curiosity ultimately filtered down and manifested out of the neural funnel that was her mind into one compiled, ultimate, three-word question.

Barberra: Wanna make out?

Lieutenant Flint went silent.  There was a long, awkward pause as the handsome xB seemed to process what she’d just asked him.  The man clenched his jaw tightly, as he seemed to be finding the right words to say…

Flint: No… ::Squinting:: …Thank you?

Barberra: Oh.

Flint: Surely, you understand that such a thing between colleagues would be inappropriate, especially given our difference in rank.

Barberra: ::Slight shrug:: Not when we’re off duty.  But I get it.

Flint: Besides, I’m simply not interested in that sort of thing. Nothing personal, of course.

Barberra: ::Slight eye roll, disappointed tone:: Okaaaaay, fine, I don’t need the war and peace version.

Flint: Thank you for your assistance, Crewman Barberra… I’m going to the pub now.

oO You sound just like Professor Ukinix. Oo

Annamae watched as David seemed spooked enough to quickly leave the bridge.  A smirk came to her face.  Spooking him certainly wasn’t the outcome she had planned for, but it wasn’t a bad outcome nonetheless.

Barberra: ::Shrug:: Your loss…

She picked up her large duffel bag that was positioned next to the turbolilft, before slinging it over her shoulder.

((Terminal B))

On her way out she seemed to have unintentionally caught up to David, who she could see up ahead walking out into the terminal.

She herself covered the metres to the entrance, her hand on the strap of her bag.  Her attention was distracted when she heard the distinctive voice of a young girl.

Molly: Crewman Annamae Barberra!

Barberra: Hey Molly.

Annamae changed direction and headed towards the child.

Flint: ::To Molly:: What are you doing here? This area is off-limits to civilian… children.

Barberra looked up to see that David hadn’t left yet, and in fact was making an effort to break a poor child’s heart.

Barberra: ::Eyeroll:: It’s okay, I’ll look after her.  ::To Molly:: Where is your mom?

Molly: How was your time on the USS Independence-B, ::whispering:: (registry number NCC-1776-B)

Barberra: Well it was scary, and exciting, and some of us had weird temporal dreams. ::pleased smile, whispering:: Kinda creepy.  ::Normal tone:: How did you get in here, did you know this area is only a sometimes place?

Flint: Off limits. ::To Barberra:: Do you know this girl, Crewman?

Barberra: Geez, calm down. Yeah I know her, I looked after her once.  ::To Molly:: We checked out the Stellae, didn’t we?

Molly: Response

Flint: Fine. Then I suggest the two of you find somewhere else to be – as will I. ::Sighing:: Thank you, again, for your assistance.

The corner of Annamae’s mouth turned up into a small smile as the dour, tortured, and seemingly grumpy Lieutenant walked away.  There was an aura of darkness about the man, that gave the appearance of him being perpetually sad yet keeping a stiff upper lip about it to hide that from everyone.  Apparently even a bright, young child’s antics couldn’t cheer him up.  She imagined that dating David would be like being forced to stare at a mostly black static painting of a starship flying though a dark, deadly nebula.

oO He’s perfect. Oo

Molly: Response

Barberra: Lieutenant Flint is right, you shouldn’t be here, you need an adult to say it’s okay.

Molly: Response

Barberra: Okay, show me your best handstand, then we’ll go.

Molly: Response

Barberra: I’m heading back to my apartment, you can come with me until your mom comes and gets you.  I’ll tell her you’re with me.

Molly: Response

((“The Tusk”, Merchant District, Habitat Ring))

They didn’t quite make it to Annamae’s apartment that was situated above the fortune teller shop…  Instead, the crewman had made an instant beeline when she saw the brand-new tattoo parlour named “The Tusk” that had opened its doors.

T’Nik: Response

Barberra: You realize you’ve now made the Merchant District just about complete with your new shop… ::awed tone:: now it’s like the district of my dreams.

T’Nik: Response

Molly: Response

Barberra: This is Molly.  She’s very inquisitive.  ::Looking at Ginnin:: Can you give me a tattoo?

T’Nik: Response

Annamae put the large bag that was on her shoulder down on the ground, and then reached inside to grab a PADD.  After a few taps, she found the “design” she wanted, then handed the PADD to the tattoo artist.

Barberra: This is what I want, on the outside of my lower right calf.

The screen didn’t show a picture, or an icon.  Just plain text.  It read:
“* 1 cup self-raising flour
* 1 cup milk
* 1 egg
Whisk ingredients in a large bowl.  Heat a lightly greased non-stick pan over low medium heat, and pour some mixture.  Cook until bubbles break on the surface and underside is golden brown, then flip and cook for 1 minute.  Repeat process for remaining mixture, then serve with a topping of your choice.”

T’Nik: Response

Barberra: What?!  I love pancakes.

T'Nik/Molly: Response

Tags/TBC

Crewman Second Class Annamae Barberra
Liaison Officer for the Starfleet Attaché
Amity Outpost
V239511WU0