Lt. Robin Hopper: Many Meetings

Robin Hopper

Nov 4, 2022, 9:26:07 PM11/4/22
to Amity Outpost

((Amity Outpost – Copernicus Center, Level 14))

Hopper: You really get quite the view from up here, hmm?

Robin looked out the window down at the Grand Mezzanine below with an enthusiastic grin. As part of her ongoing personal mission to explore as much of the Outpost as possible during her limited window of Shore Leave, she had made a series of appointments with various key personnel around the station, hoping to serve double duty. Not only would be a chance to see everything there was to see – it would also be a chance to get to know some of the important people that kept Amity going.

Keehani: Response

Robin turned back to the younger Betazoid woman with a broad grin. They had met previously, though only very briefly, during the lead-up to the mission on Idrustix. She had held the unenviable job of wrangling not one, but all three of the visiting Betazoid nobles – and, from what Robin could tell, had managed capably.

Hopper: To be honest, I don’t have too much ‘business’ to discuss – so I won’t take up too much of your time, either. It’s been a bit of a whirlwind since I got here and I just wanted to make sure we were connected. As Amity’s new Chief Science Officer, I’ve made it my mission to try and get to know as much of the station’s senior staff – Starfleet and Diplomatic Corps – as possible.

Keehani: Response

Hopper: I’m glad to be here, actually. In the FDC office, that is. My first meeting with Ambassador Vataix was a bit unorthodox – though I’ve heard through the grapevine that may have been preferential?

Keehani: Response

Hopper: I must admit – I did read the article. The one by that local reporter. Is it true you’ll be going back to Betazed shortly? I don’t mean to pry – but it’s like something out of a novel! You must be happy with how the news has been received?

Keehani: Response

((OOC – Can continue simming here if you like!))

((A Little Later – Main Engineering))

Hopper: I’m sorry, did you say the computer cores take up six levels???

Robin followed Lieutenant Reade as he led her about Main Engineering. She had come, ostensibly, with a straightforward request regarding her quarters – but after setting eyes on the massive Engineering department, which dwarfed even her high expectations, she had practically begged Amity’s Acting Chief of Operations to give her a tour.

Reade: Response

Hopper: That’s… hard to comprehend, honestly. And I’m impressed your team manages to keep it all running. I’m lucky that the SRC is so compartmentalized – and a whole half of it is dedicated to civilian research.

Reade: Response

As with the others, Robin had met Reade for a passing moment during their mission to Idrustix. They had worked together a little on re-establishing contact with the Kitty Hawk from their frozen tundra base camp… but she had been so exhausted and beside herself by that point, that she could honestly barely remember it.

Hopper: You know, I should probably ask you this before I completely forget my reason for coming in the first place… I’ve arranged new quarters with Ensign S’Raga and I have a special request I wanted to run by you.

Reade: Response

Hopper: I’d like to borrow S’Raga and Ensign Richards to help me install a few holo-emitters in my quarters. I know it’s unorthodox, but it’s not against regs. I understand it’ll draw a little extra power… but it’s been a dream of mine for as long as I can remember. Maybe that’s silly.

Reade: Response

((OOC – Can continue simming here if you like!))

((A Little Later – Security Section))

Hopper: ::Mid-stentence:: –So, when the rifle ran out of energy I guess I sort of.. ‘panicked’.. and just… ::blushing, slightly::  …used it as a club to finish the thing off.

It was a bit embarrassing recalling the event on Idrustix. Of course, only a few people – Commander Ukinix, Lieutenant Grurg, and the Betazoid Mediator, Tani Lekasa – had actually witnessed her bashing the Trenvonn drone to pieces with the stock of her phaser rifle in desperation… But she had been mulling it over since and was certain there was a better option.

Iovianus: Response

Hopper: On the Wall Street, we never had any occasion for violence, really. It’s a deep space science vessel and, aside from the odd ‘run-in’ we would have with hostiles, there was no sign of ‘action’. And in those instances, Captain Sh’thorn’s policy was always to run and call in the cavalry.

Since they had first met during her security check-in, Robin had been fascinated by the grizzled Magna Roman. The man had clearly seen his fare share of combat – and she doubted that he made a habit of ‘cutting and running’. She might not have been a Security or Tactical Officer, but she was still Starfleet – and part of honouring the “fleet” part of that monicker meant keeping up with one’s martial training.

Iovianus: Response

Hopper: I guess what I’m saying is, I’m clearly rusty. Two years of minimal practice with weapons and I feel like I’ve forgotten a third of what I learned at the Academy. We did drills, but you know, it’s completely different out there in the field. I get the feeling I’m going to be seeing more of ‘that sort’ of mission here in the Delta Quadrant.

Iovianus: Response

Hopper: If you’re up for it, Sir, I’d appreciate the chance to get some additional weapons training with one of your Security Officers… Or with you, if you have the time!

Iovianus: Response

((OOC – Can continue simming here if you like!))

TBC

==

Lt. Robin Hopper (she/they)
Chief Science Officer, Amity Outpost