Lt. Robin Hopper: Professor Ikaia

Robin Hopper

Mar 29, 2023, 2:11:41 PM3/29/23
to Amity Outpost (IC)

((Food Court, Grand Mezzanine – Amity Outpost))

Sitting in the food court, sharing a basket of fries, Robin was glad to have a moment to check in with Ikaia – not as her CMO, but as a friend. The two of them had first met years earlier, during their Academy training in San Francisco, and had quickly grown to enjoy each other’s company – though they’d never gotten as close as they might have, given they were in different tracks and mostly knew each other through a mutual friend.

Now that they’d both found their way to Amity, it seemed like the perfect opportunity to grow closer and learn what really made the Hawaiian Klingon tick.

Hopper: ::Eating another fry::  So, Mr. Chief Medical Officer, how was the Kitty Hawk? Back under your old boss, Rahman… Was she so mad?

Robin smirked gleefully, and was surprised by Ikaia’s nonchalant shrug in response.

Wong: I wish I could say that I saw if she was cheesed off or not. The thing was that I wasn’t on the bridge all that much to begin with. Mostly, I was in sickbay or in engineering. I WAS on the bridge when the Kitty Hawk went offline.

Hopper: ::Nodding::  Well, I guess it’s dire straits when the CMO gets called to the Bridge… But surely they had plenty for you to do down in Sickbay?

Wong: The most interesting things were that we had a boarding simulation and I got a new student.

Robin’s eyes lit up at the mention of a ‘student’.

Hopper: A student? Oh that’s fun! Professor Ikaia – I can see it now.  ::Chuckling::

Ikaia laughed before popping another fry into his mouth.

Wong: Yeah! Me! Teaching! Wouldn’t you believe it?

She reached over the table and gave his shoulder a friendly pat.

Hopper: Yeah, for sure! You’ve always been incredibly passionate about your work. I can’t imagine someone more fitting to pass that knowledge on.  ::Smiling::  I bet you’re a great teacher…  ::Beat::  How’s your student?

Robin took the opportunity to eat another couple fries while Ikaia answered. At last her post-game hunger was beginning to subside.

Wong: He’s this young Kriosan guy. Has an interest in medicine and well, I’ve been teaching him what I know. My hope is that he could at least start as a medical assistant. I’m also looking into maybe getting some courses for him as well. I haven’t checked out what Starfleet has in regard to that yet. But it’s something I’m looking into.

Hopper: ::Nodding along::  Mmm, yeah. Who knows – if our mission here in the Delta Quadrant is proving successful, maybe someday we’ll even have an Academy branch out here? In the meantime though, I’m sure you’ll do a fine job showing him the ropes.

Wong: Response

Hopper: ::Thinking::  Kriosian…? Isn’t that Captain Rahman’s species? I’m not that familiar with them.

Wong: Response

Hopper: Interesting… So, he’s not a cadet, then? How did he wind up out here? …Assuming you know the answer to that.

Wong: Response

TBC

==

Lt. Robin Hopper (she/they)