Molly Williams - Not yet grown-up.

Zenia Emba

May 28, 2022, 11:04:09 PM5/28/22
to sb118...@googlegroups.com
((Merchant District, Amity Outpost))

Williams: Mummy has a lot of work to do, and so Barberra-

Molly: Crewman Barberra.

Williams: Yes, Crewman Barberra is gonna look after you for a little bit okay?

Molly: Okay!

Williams: Thank you, thank you so much.

Barberra: ::deadpan tone:: You’re welcome.  And if Professor Ukinix comes looking for me, tell him I’m child sitting because there’s no appropriate childcare facilities on the station which potentially effects overall roster performance so it means one of his key crew members now has to drop all of their administrative duties to ensure other Starfleet officers can continue their own duties.  Or that I’ve gone to the bathroom.  ::Shrug:: Either should work.

Williams: Okay...

Whatever the Crewman just said went straight over the top of Sophie's head.

Molly: Don't you mean Lieutenant Commander Wil Ukinix?

((Yosemite – 10 minutes later))

With all of the holodecks occupied and unavailable Annamae had to come up with an alternative way to keep Molly occupied.  The crewman had replicated a second wig, and now both Molly and Annamae were sitting in the Talon class scout with messy, scraggly black/grey hair.

Molly: Wouldn't the adults not let us go?

Barberra: Adults are boring.  But sometimes they do interesting things.

Molly: Ooh?

Barberra: You should enjoy being a kid.  Picking your nose, wetting your bed, getting an emergency beam out to a hospital because you broke some bones doing handstands in a large tree while singing “rock a bye baby” as a re-enactment to an audience of one dog… those were the days.

Molly: Did you do those things?

Barberra: We’re going to go look at the Stellae in their reserve.  They fart plasma gas.  That’s amazing.

Molly would have been upset that Crewman Barberra changed the subject except they got really excited by it.

Molly: JULIEEE!

Crewman Annamae Barberra piloted the shuttle out of the shuttlebay into space, then set a course to the stellae.

Barberra: What do you want to do when you grow up?

Molly: An engineer. Like mummy.

Barberra: response

Molly: What do you want to do when you grow up?

Barberra: response

Molly: You're only a crewman, crewman.

Molly chuckled at herself.

Barberra: response