Tri’lea Polgonz: Sensations

Lt. JG Kivik

Aug 16, 2022, 3:16:25 AM8/16/22
to Amity Outpost

((Amity Outpost – Habitat Ring, Talaxi Palms Hotel))

Whatever it was that Lieutenant Kivik wanted to discuss with Rivi, Lea could sense that it was not for her ears – and the Starfleet Science Officer had certainly done more than enough for her to make her push aside the rather wicked thought of ‘listening in’ telepathically on their conversation. No, instead she decided to find an excuse to leave and allow their conversation to unfold unobserved.

Polgonz: Oh, don’t mind me then. I’ll make myself scarce and let you two talk. ::To Rivi:: Would you like another smoothie? ::To the J’naii:: Kivik?

Lea stood and motioned towards the bar across the pool with a smile.

Vataix: I'm good... ::She glanced back at her glass.:: ...but I was curious about the "blueberry blast from the past" flavor...

Lea couldn’t help but smile – an expression mirrored by Rivi. She decided to order one for herself and, if the Ambassador could make room in her tummy, they could share it.

Kivik: No, thank you.

Polgonz: ::Shrugging, with a relaxed smile on her face:: Suit yourself. I’ll be back…

With that, Lea set off across the pool deck. In the warm air of the Paxau district she felt almost stifled as she walked, having had to conceal herself away in an antiquated formal bathing costume that humans referred to as a ‘bikini’.

oO One day these tired old Federation rules are simply going to have to become more open. Oo

All the same, she enjoyed the way the sheer cape-like ‘cover up’ – a remarkably ironic name, given that the fabric was nearly completely transparent – billowed behind her as she walked. At first she had opposed adding anything more to her outfit, but Rei had assured her it would add to the ‘regal impression’ of the look… and she had to admit she was right.

As she neared the bar, Lea turned around one more time to gaze back at Kivik and Rivi having their discussion. The poor little J’naii seemed awfully worked up. For a second, she considered again reaching out with her empathic senses – but thought better of it.

oO No, no… Oo  she chided herself, inwardly.  oO Let’s not make any decisions we’ll regret. Oo

And then she was nearly bowled off her feet by a large sweaty oaf.

It was all she could do to avoid falling over on the slippery pool deck. She reached out and grabbed the man’s shoulders, steadying herself, and found herself once again in the arms of Wil Ukinix.

Polgonz: ::Looking up at his face::  Wil?!

She found her footing and released her grip on his shoulders, taking a step back.

Ukinix(H): Oof!  Geez.  Sorry, Tri’lea, I was looking at Kivi and Rivi, I didn’t even see you!

Lea folded her arms and cocked an eyebrow, which she hoped would give the impression that she was quite cross.

Polgonz: Oh really?  ::Turning slowly to show off her ‘cape’::  I’m not sure how you didn’t notice me.  ::Smirking::  I’m devastated.

It was then she noticed his outfit – which was not only irritatingly similar to his quarantine pajamas, but was also absolutely drenched.

Polgonz: In your distraction, did you also fall in the pool?

Ukinix(H): It’s just sweat, your royal mystical princess.  I’ve just been for a run around Peace Park.  ::Smirking:: You should try it some time.

Polgonz: What? Sweating?  ::Looking him up and down::  I think you’ve done plenty of that for the both of us.

With that, she turned – turning her nose up at him and walking over to the bar. Despite her evident smugness, she still glanced in her peripheral vision to see if he was following.

Polgonz: ::To the ‘bartender’:: One… oh, what did she call it? Blueberry blast from, something or other?

Talaxian Bartender: ::Smiling:: Blast from the past, ma’am! It’s been a real hit this ‘season’.

Polgonz: Yes, excellent. One of those please.

Ukinix(H): I see the smoothie craze is spreading, you trying to butter up Rivi for something?

Polgonz: Oh, please. Rivi and I have an understanding. We’re two of a kind – speaking of which…

She turned around and leaned back, with her elbows on the bar and gave him the maniacal grin that had been building in her since she’d heard the news.

Polgonz: …I hear there are two of you now.

The bartender placed the fruity blended drink beside her on the bar. Lea took it with a gracious smile and a tip in the bartender’s tip jar, before turning back to Wil.

Polgonz: Smoothie?

Ukinix(H): Does that one come with a shot of Vodka?

Polgonz: Wil Ukinix – if you think I’m sharing another alcoholic drink with you, you can think again.  ::Smiling cheerily::  I’m taken.

Ukinix: Response

Before he could escape, she reached out and took him by the arm, slipping her hand around his bicep gently and walking slowly beside him, pulling him along with her.

Polgonz: Though I hear the other you, Acradem was it?  I hear he’s a big fan of Rivi’s smoothies as well. You might want to get in on this – what did you call it? Craze. Before you’re left on the outside looking in.

Ukinix(H): Response

Despite the fact that he was human and could no longer sense her – she could feel his emotions. Under the veneer of humour, Lea sensed that something was troubling him. She stopped and looked at him genuinely for a moment.

Polgonz: How are you?  ::Resisting the urge to give the soaking wet gym sock of a man a hug::  Really, I mean it. Jokes aside.

Ukinix(H): Response

Polgonz: It wouldn’t take an empath to know that you’re hurting.

Ukinix(H): Response

TBC

==

Tri'lea Doyoxo Polgonz (she/her)

Daughter Ascendant, Twentieth House of Betazed

Character Wiki Page

V239806K11