Lt. Ceciri Ariadust - Ideas

Koihime Nakamura

Nov 8, 2021, 10:24:40 PM11/8/21
to Amity Outpost
((Approximately Three hours later - Asteroid 6585 Poseidon))

The trip had taken longer than expected, due to having to go at a slower pace more times than not.  While they did increase their speed when they could, sometimes it would send the creatures into a frenzy and Wil made sure to have the ship slow down to make sure none of them got scared, seriously injured or perished.  The plasma, for whatever reason, did seem to calm them down.  Wil hoped the mo-mo’s weren’t high or drunk on plasma…

On screen was a close-up view of the asteroid.  Embedded in one side of it was what seemed to be a portable building that was home and a temporary residence for the miners.  Lights from the windows lit up the area of the asteroid around it.  Drones surrounded the asteroid, ferrying small amounts of ore from the asteroid to a floating container that looked as though it was tethered by some sort of tractor beam.  Once they dropped of their contents, each drone would return to another part of the asteroid.

That drones started having a hard time though when some of the mo-mo’s that had been following the Indy-B started making their way towards them.  The creatures playfully bumped into them, or knocked them around like they were beach balls.  Some of the other creatures headed for the portable building, frolicking around the various equipment that was situated around it.

Rubio: ::walking onto the bridge:: Woo we are here! ::dissaproving sigh:: See what we have to deal with?

Ariadust: It looks like they're playful. ::Ceciri is wry::

Bec nodded

Core: Response

Rubio: and this is why we should get rid of the mo mo's.

Ariadust: I mean, you could, if you want to lose your license, we want to get court martialed, and your company fined into oblivion.

Ceciri was very serious about that. The Federation's laws on protection of life forms were.. strict, and often resulted in many merchants avoiding known hot spots.

Wil checked the readouts on the consoled that were situated next to the centre chair.  Long range scans showed that the Yosemite was situated near a concentrated gas cloud.  He decided to hail them to see what they were up to.

Ukinix: =/\= This is the Independence-B to scout Yosemite =/\=

Wong: =/\= Responses =/\=

Ukinix: =/\= We’ve arrived at the Posedion asteroid, with a who group of those mo-mo’s in tow, and we saw that you were out and about.  What’s your status? =/\=

Wong: =/\= Response =/\=

Ukinix: =/\= “Mo-mo’s”, you know, the creatures.  It’s what the mining crews call them.  You found any? =/\=

Wong: =/\=Response =/\=

Ukinix: =/\= Sorry, who? =/\=

Wong: =/\= Response =/\=

Keehani: =/\= Commander Ukinix, we have begun diplomatic discussions with the Hawlats.  The creatures, the “Angels”, are sacred to them. =/\=

Ukinix: =/\= ::biting bottom lip:: …oh crap.  That complicates things. =/\=

Keehani: =/\= ::Clearing throat:: Just letting you know, that we have a member of the Hawlat delegation on board our scout now, Commander. =/\=

Wong: =/\= Responses =/\=

Ukinix: =/\= Understood.  Oh, and Lieutenant?  They seem to like small amounts of vented plasma.  Ukinix out.  =/\=

When the comm call was ended, Wil smiled a little bit.

Ukinix: ::Slight chuckle:: Hawlats, hey?  “Angels”.  ::To Rubio:: Well, that complicates things a little, doesn’t it, mate.

Rubio: ::huff, in an upset and frustrated tone:: It does. He stared a ruthless stare out the view screen

Ukinix: ::Palm up:: Relax. ::To everyone:: Let’s beam aboard the asteroid.

Iko: All of us?

Ariadust: ... all of us?

Core: Response

Reade: Well, that makes things complicated, I hope the Hawlat are ok with them being plasma high. Aye Commandar.

Rubio: Lets hope that my miners have been well behaved while I was gone...

((Mining Rig, Asteroid 6585 Poseidon))

The crew were in the office section of the rig.  Out of the windows was purple gaseous nebula.  “Swimming” around the windows were multiple mo-mos, seemingly having the time of their life.

Quietly playing in the background was an old Terran tune that Wil remembered hearing once or twice before.

Ukinix: Mr Carcetti? ::offering hand::  I’m Lieutenant Commander Wil Ukinix, Starfleet attaché to the Federation Diplomatic Corp on Amity.  ::Gesturing:: This is Commander Core, Lieutenant Ariadust, Lieutenant Reade, Ensign Iko, and I’m assuming you know the mining supervisor Michael Rubio.

Carcetti: ::Accepting handshake:: Welcome to six-five-eight-five.  ::Looking out of windows at Angels, unimpressed tone:: I see you brought some mo-mo friends with you. ::Half jokingly:: We’ll have to abandon the asteroid at this rate.

Ukinix: Yeah.  About that… um, have you ever heard of a species called the “Hawlats” by any chance?

Rubio: The federation, being the diplomatic, peaceful and wanting the best for everyone people they are, are trying to accommodate us and the people who worship these things. They even call them Angels! - the people who worship the Mo-Mo's that is.

Ariadust: .... ::stares blankly at Rubio.::

She'd have fired him in a heartbeat.

Core/Ukinix: Response

Reade: ::shaking hand:: Thanks for letting us come aboard.

Carcetti: response

Rubio: We have ourselves a situation, where no-one will win.

Iko: There would be a way.

Ceciri privately thought that some times, you should admit that someone will lose. That said..

Ariadust: So if they're playing with the drones.. around the asteroids.. can't we just put some drones around asteroids no one has any interest in and let them play there? Or ::thinking:: There's enough medium in this protoplanetary nebula to make vibrations carry a bit.. I wonder if that's the key.

Core/Ukinix: response

Reade: There could be a way to move them around, but I am unsure if the Hawlat would like that.

Iko: We just have to find it.

Carcetti/Core/Iko/Ukinix: Response

Reade: Indeed, now what should we do.

.oO Useful, that. Oo. Ceciri thought wryly to herself.

Ariadust: Well. If it's mining operations, we need to find a way to simulate it. If it's just that they like to play with objects in their path, we need to make it repellent without harming them or the operations. Personally, I think we should try to place drones for them to play with elsewhere, and create mining like vibrations there.

Carcetti/Core/Iko/Ukinix: Response

Reade: That could work.

Ceciri wasn't sure, though, since she was a helmswoman, not a xenoexobiologist.

Carcetti/Core/Iko/Ukinix: Response

Ariadust: Failing that, we could ask Amity for assistance or ask the pilgrims... carefully.. since they're going to be .. well, upset, we're messing with their sacred animals.

Reade/Carcetti/Core/Iko/Ukinix: Response

TAG!/TBC

Lt. Ceciri Ariadust
HCO Officer
Amity Station