Tri’lea Polgonz: Father of the Bride

Lt. JG Kivik

Jul 21, 2022, 3:43:45 PM7/21/22
to Amity Outpost

((OOC: Craig (Jansen Orrey) will be portraying Ucron Dro...))

((Royal Betazed Yacht Wanderlust – 1 day prior to the Indy-B’s return to Amity…))

Tri’lea paced nervously, but slowly, back and forth in the cozy shuttlebay of her family’s starship – the RBY Wanderlust. The sleek silver vessel had been her atda’s (her father’s) once – many years ago, before he had met her mother. Ucron Dro had always described his younger years with a fond but bashful nostalgia. A ‘wanderer’ he called himself, in reference to that time of his life. Idrustix Polgonz had described him as ‘a bit of a vagabond.’

When they had married, the Wanderlust had come as part of a dowry from his family – well-respected in their own right but not Royal – to his wife. Tri’lea had many fond memories, exploring the ship as a child, knowing that one day she too would take to the stars in service to the House of Travelers and to Betazed. Of course, the reality of how things had gone may have disappointed her younger self…

Polgonz: ~~How much longer, Rei? This waiting is making me feel…~~

Rei: ~~Anxious? Yes, I can tell.~~ ::A small smile, looking at her datapad:: ~~Any moment now, Daughter Ascendant. They’ve just dropped out of warp and are approaching the bay.~~

Polgonz: ~~Why does that make me feel more anxious?~~

She had come to Amity hopeful that her late mother’s will could be attained. A marriage, a colony, and ascendancy to her rightful position as a Daughter of the Twentieth House of Betazed. Only now it was all at risk. Not only had her own actions of late made the prospect of finalizing her arranged marriage to Lieutenant Ceciri k’Ariadust more tenuous… but the discovery of a sentient bacteria on the proposed colony world had evidently spurred the Second and Sixth Houses to leap at the opportunity to undermine her family’s position.

And so she paced, waiting for the arrival of Ucron and his survey team. After completing their initial visit to Idrustix – the name chosen by her father in honour of his wife – they had set off to survey other local systems that may prove beneficial to colony resource management and local trade before eventually returning to the Wanderlust. Within, Tri’lea dreaded telling her father about the Second and Sixth House’s desire to supplant them in the Delta Quadrant… but more so she dreaded him learning of her indiscretion.

On her own trip to Idrustix with a team of Starfleet Science Officers led by Lt. Commander Wil Ukinix, she and Wil had both been strongly affected by the sentient bacteria – which had flared in potency due to intense solar activity… This was bad enough, as it posed a risk to the entire settlement operation – only there was more. She had always enjoyed flirting with the befuddled Lt. Commander Ukinix… but quarantined together aboard a small shuttle for days on end, sharing a mental connection that had deepened through their experience on Idrustix… she had very nearly lost control of herself.

Rei: ~~You’re thinking about him again.~~

Polgonz: Ugh!!! ~~It’s infuriating.~~

Rei: ~~At least this time he was dressed.~~

Polgonz: ~~Yes, thank you very much, Rei. Let’s try to think of anything else, shall we?~~

There would be no secrecy between her and her father, she knew. Betazoids were, by nature, open and honest – sometimes hurtfully so. This was only more true betwixt those with deep emotional bonds… parents and children, sisters and brothers, long-time friends, or passionate lovers.

How he would react though, was a mystery to her. Under normal circumstances, she would be free to love whomever she wanted – in fact, it was not uncommon for Betazoids to hold multiple lovers in their hearts simultaneously… Would he be disappointed that she had come so close to ruining her mother’s plans? Would he be infuriated at Wil’s unprofessional attention to his daughter? Perhaps he would simply laugh at the absurdity of it all…

As the shuttle approached, Tri’lea swallowed her fears and smiled. He was home – and that was something to be joyful about, no matter how unusual the circumstances. The shuttlecraft set down and the hatch swung open – large graceful gullwing doors in the same silver as the Wanderlust. Her father leapt from the open door and came running to greet her.

Dro: ~~Response~~

Polgonz: ~~It’s good to see you too, Atda… I take it your expedition was fruitful. You’re practically glowing with excitement!~~

Indeed, it wouldn’t have taken a Betazoid to know her father was pleased. His bright grin, visible amidst his curly black beard, was outshone only by the glint in his eyes.

Dro: ~~Response~~

Her father’s enthusiasm for his work had always seemed boundless to Lea. As a young man he had trained as an engineer before joining the Betazed Planetary Guard during the Dominion War. Now, he served the Twentieth House as a planetary engineer – surveying potential colony worlds and assessing their feasibility for settlement, planning and building the structures that would allow earlier colonists to live safely on the worlds, and overseeing the maintenance of their colonies across dozens of planets throughout the galaxy.

Polgonz: ~~I’m afraid there is some… rather upsetting news.~~

Dro: ~~Response~~

They began walking together, side-by-side, with Rei following behind them. Ucron’s crew, meanwhile, began unloading their supplies from the shuttle.

Polgonz: ~~After you left the colony site, I ventured there myself. Amity’s Science team identified a potential risk posed by solar activity, but we had to get a closer look to know for sure. As it turns out, the risk is nullified by the ubiquity of a sentient bacteria – surprising, I know – that absorbs solar radiation. Only, it causes a number of rather intense side effects for those with empathic or telepathic gifts… I’m afraid the discovery has prompted others to try and take advantage. Father, we have a fight ahead of us.~~

Dro: ~~Response~~

Polgonz: ~~That’s not all.~~

Lea allowed him to see her mind clearly as she recalled the events. The initial sickness, the delirium, the strange visions, and her… impropriety.

Dro: ~~Response~~

TBC

==

Tri'lea Doyoxo Polgonz (she/her)

Daughter Ascendant, Twentieth House of Betazed

Character Wiki Page

V239806K11