Commander Wil Ukinix - People in the City

Wil Ukinix

Feb 15, 2024, 6:42:27 AMFeb 15
to Amity Outpost – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG

((Wil Ukinix’s Apartment 12-56, Palais-Bourbon District, Habitat Ring))

Wil loved the open style of his 12th floor warehouse apartment, he considered himself lucky. As you entered, it had a curved wall on the right, with a thick big round window that had a view to the gorgeous purple nebula outside. In front of you was a kitchenette area complete with a small floating island countertop. Running in front of it were several high breakfast bar chairs. In front of them, a U-shaped couch, positioned in front of a large view screen on a wall – used for duty when he had “work from home” days, as well as used for watching replays of sporting events from Earth that digitally wound their way through Operation Watson weeks after it had happened.

Above the kitchenette area was a mezzanine level, the designers obviously taking some inspiration from Amity’s Grand Mezzanine. That level was his bedroom and bathroom.

To the left was a long glass panel, the middle of it a sliding door that automatically opened out onto the balcony – complete with outdoor table setting on the left, and a barbeque on the right. When standing on the balcony, it overlooked the entire Palais Bourbon district, and further into the distance you could see all of the districts, and the tall Talaxi Palms hotel at the other end of the habitat ring.

The red-brick of the apartment walls had a smooth feel to them, he liked to sometimes run his hand along it.

It was just on “sunset” in the district, and Wil had requested the presence of all the senior crew. He stood at the window, arms crossed, a faint smile as he stroked his beard, admiring the view of the nebula.

Ukinix: ::Quietly to himself:: Gorgeous.

With a wistful sigh, he turned around and looked around his apartment again. Everything was in place – he’d brought in the outdoor setting’s four chairs from the balcony, and had set them up so that two were positioned either said of the breakfast bar chairs, and two near the staircase.

Bowls of snacks ran along the countertop, and many more on the coffee table. He’d put several bottles of wines from his grandparents vineyard with a heap of wine glasses next to them for anyone that wanted a quiet tipple, and of course carafes of water with glasses.

With a nod, he smiled to himself. Everything was set... oO You’ve done it again, Ukinix. Oo

When the door chime rang...

Ukinix: Come in!

...Wil gave the command to the computer to open the sliding entrance door to the apartment.

Any: Response

Ukinix: Hello everyone. Hey, all at once! Nice timing.

Some of the crew were wearing civvies, others still in their uniform.

Any: Response

Ukinix: There’s seats on the couch, I brought the outdoor chairs inside, there’s bar chairs. Wherever you like, have a seat. ::Gesturing:: Wine, water, snacks, and a replicator in the counter if you want something else.

Any: Response

Hopper: Response

Ukinix: ::With a smile:: Not you, Commander, I need you up here.

Hopper: Response

Any: Response

Wil moved over in front of the blank viewscreen, and gestured for Robin to stand next to him. On a small table nearby sat a set of objects covered in a small grey towel.

With everyone settled Wil studied the crew, rubbing his hands together.

Ukinix: Thanks for coming, everyone. Rivi’s very busy at the moment with the President of the Federation here, so she’s asked me to call an important meeting.

His smile waned, as he looked down, and sighed ruefully for a moment.

Ukinix: Commander Hopper, ::gesturing to small table:: if you could be so kind as to remove that towel?

Hopper: Response

As the towel was flung away, It revealed a stash of wooden boxes. Wil’s smile returned.

Ukinix: ::Gesturing to table:: Ta-daaaa! ::Gesturing to Robin:: My assistant, everyone.

Wil gave Robin a small golf clap of appreciation.

Hopper: Response

Any: Response

Ukinix: Alright! The incident with the Malon was hairy, very hairy, and I’m bloody proud of all of you for what we managed to achieve. The colony’s back up and running, the Malon have buggered off back to Malon Prime, and everyone’s happy, until the next crisis.

Any: Response

Wil gestured to their newest addition.

(OOC: Assume that Wil and Torvi have already met at least once before – that first meeting will be likely covered in another sim)

Ukinix: Firstly, I’d like to offer welcome to Ensign Torvi Ylvor, who comes to us from the Gorkon. Hope you enjoy living in an apartment compared to quarters, ::taps nose, playful slight whisper:: don’t tell anyone else in Starfleet, it’s our little secret.

Ylvor: Response

Any: Response

Ukinix: I’ve only invited Starfleet crew tonight, but if you see him around, make sure you give Doctor Orrey a warm welcome back to the Outpost as well.

Wil gestured for Robin to get ready to hand out ribbons.

Ukinix: Let’s get down to business, it’s ribbons time. ::Reaches for PADD on coffee table, taps screen:: First up – Ensign Moore, for finding your way to the Malon freighter from the Indy on board the shuttle, you receive the Good Conduct Ribbon. Congrats, Kaito!

Moore: Response

Hopper: Response

Ukinix: And Vanlith, Iko and Hopper, you get the same ribbon for going into the belly of the beast and defending against the sick Malon crew.

Hopper/Vanlith/Iko: Response

Ukinix: Next up – Joint Meritorious Unit Award, for working with the Malon crew which I know wasn’t the easiest thing, goes to Iko, Wong, Vanlith, Reade, Richards, Blackwood, and Hopper. Congratulations.

Iko/Wong/Vanlith/Reade: Response

Richards/Blackwood/Hopper: Response

Ukinix: Next up – The Starfleet Investigation Ribbon, for apprehending and questioning the Malon Controller, goes to Kaito Moore, Cassian Iovianus, and yours truly.

Moore/Iovianus?: Response

Hopper: Response

Ukinix: He was slippery trickster. But we got ‘im.

Wil smiled as they sat back down.

Ukinix: Next up, the Innovation ribbon. Char? You’re up. For inverting the flow of the antimatter into the warp core of the freighter, that ribbon is yours. Along with Hopper. ::slight point:: That one next to Charlena’s is your Robin ribbon – I mean, ribbon Robin.

Hopper/Vanlith: Response

Ukinix: And while no ribbon, Commander Carter, I wanted to give you an honourable mention for your efforts at the end to help coordinate everyone coming back safely. Thank you.

Carter: Response

Any: Response

Ukinix: And the same goes for Nadeshiko, for her efforts. That can’t have been easy for a civilian.

Any: Response

Ukinix: While we’re here, does anyone want to announce anything? Achievements... upcoming holidays... party plans... finally got that missing stamp for your collection...

Any: Response

Ukinix: Alright, everyone, congratulations. You’re free to stay for a drink and I might even put on a couple of pizzas for those that are a bit peckish. Feel free to check out the view from the balcony too.

He gave them all a clap of congratulations, then gave Robin a quick shoulder hug to thank her for handing out all the ribbons.

(OOC: At this stage, have your character do whatever, and assume this next conversation is out of earshot.)

Ukinix: Thanks, legend.

Hopper: Response

Ukinix: Maybe we’ll commandeer the Jemo and take it for a spin again.

Hopper: Response

Wil chuckled, before moving over to the coffee table.

Ukinix: Vino?

Hopper: Response

[End scene for Wil!]

Commander Wil Ukinix