Lt. Robin Hopper: Mind Games

Robin Hopper

Apr 11, 2023, 10:39:28 PM4/11/23
to Amity Outpost (IC)

((Gym, Paxau District, Habitat Ring – Amity Outpost))

Robin lay her head back against the cedar wood wall of the sauna, her hair tied back in a ponytail, a few strays sticking to her face. She sighed contentedly, eyes closed, as the hot dry air of the sauna eased her sore muscles. Getting back into a regular physical routine had started out fairly grueling after two years cooped up on the Wall Street – but here on Amity, there was room to spread your wings – and now, as she was getting more used to the post-workout bliss, she was grateful for her counselor’s good advice.

Computer: ::Soft, friendly voice:: =/\= Robin, it’s time to go. =/\=

The gym, spa, and pool all shared the Talaxi Palms Hotel’s computer – a warm and inviting voice that put one at ease, even as they were being urged to leave a Sauna. She knew from experience, however, that the voice could speak more forcefully, if one pushed the boundaries of what was considered “a healthy amount of time to spend in a sauna”...

Hopper: ::Sigh::  Oh, alright.

She stood up slowly and made her way lazily towards the door, sliding it open and shutting it behind her. The air outside, while still several degrees above station average, still felt chilly, and she held the long white fluffy towel that she wore wrapped around her torso tightly while she made the walk to the locker room.

She was nearly there when a passing glance through a glass door into another area of the gym gave her pause. She slowed and backtracked, peering inside. A moment later, she opened the door and stepped inside, waving excitedly – one hand still holding her towel in place along its folded upper edge.

Hopper: Commander – Hiya!

Carter: Response

The room appeared to be set up like a small boxing gym – a ring on one side and a variety of punching bags and training equipment on the other. Carter had clearly been working up a sweat, and Robin recalled that he’d mentioned boxing as a passion of his.

Hopper: I feel like it’s been ages since we’ve talked.  ::Smiling::  Oh, uh, don’t let me interrupt your practice or anything. You looked pretty into it.

Carter: Response

Hopper: ::Glancing down::  Oh – uh, I’m just out of the sauna actually. I don’t know if you remember, but the last time we spoke I mentioned I used to play–

Carter: Response

Hopper: ::Smiling:: Exactly. Well, I took your advice and, in my typical fashion, went the extra mile of not just getting back into playing but started up a little two-team league in the SRC. We play regularly and… ::indicating herself:: …I’m just finishing my post-game warm down.

Carter: Response

Hopper:  ::Chuckling::  Haha, I’m not really a boxer…  ::Smirk::  Though, the last time you and I went toe to toe, I think I kicked your butt.

She was speaking, of course, of the recent ‘war games’ in which her Blue Team narrowly defeated his Red – the Jemison and Halsey teaming up to take on (and take out) the superior muscle of the Galaxy Class Kitty Hawk. Acting XO vs Acting XO.

Carter: Response

Hopper: Well, I’m not due for another counseling session but, if you don’t mind waiting around a few minutes while I change back into my civvies, I’d love the chance to catch up unofficially.  ::Shrug::  Maybe we could find something fun to do?

Carter: Response

TBC

==

Lt. Robin Hopper (she/they)