Doctor Jansen Orrey: Discussions

Jansen Orrey

Aug 15, 2022, 10:11:52 PM8/15/22
to Amity Outpost – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG
((Ikaia’s Office - Crusher Wing - Medical Centre - Amity Outpost))

Wong: The reason why I’m thinking so hard about this is because I might have to make the decision. Of two wrong answers, I have to pick the right one and what’s right is really unclear. It’s like a version of the trolly problem. Which track do I send the trolly on?

Orrey: ::smiling:: Derail the trolly. Eventually people will get off the tracks.

Wong: What do you mean by that, Doctor?

Orrey: Would it hurt to have them live their own lives for a little bit? Let them breathe, push against the edges.

Wong: Maybe you’re right. I think back to the old Kirk case from the 2260s where a captain was split between two different dimensions of his personality - a uhhhh…. For lack of better words here - a "good" half and an "evil" half. They both eventually realized that one couldn't survive without the other.

Orrey: It could be that they find they are missing some parts of themselves that the other provided. Either way, the crux is on them to decide their fate. Not you. You, and all of Amity just needs to be there and support our friends.

Wong: Yes. And I strive to do right for them. And…. I'll do my best to support them no matter what happens.

Orrey: ::smiling:: There you go.

Wong: In the meantime, we are going to be working on a treatment as to how to merge those two should they decide to.

Orrey: I would start by looking at all the historical cases and finding some overlaps. There are a lot of solutions out there.

Wong: Anyways, thank you for helping me with everything. It really pays to have a second opinion sometimes.

Orrey: Oh sure. I am glad to help you out my friend.

Wong: I think I still have a fair bit to think about. But at the very least I can do so with clarity of mind.

Orrey: Some days that is all we can hope for in order to see as clearly as possible.

END

Jansen Orrey MD, M.Sc
Envoy(Lt. Cmdr.), Federation Diplomatic Corps.
Counselor for Culture and Press Affairs
Deputy Chief of Mission, Amity Outpost
O238506JO0