Lt. Robin Hopper: I Have To Pay?

Robin Hopper

Apr 24, 2023, 1:01:16 PM4/24/23
to Amity Outpost (IC)

((OOC – For your convenience, S4RK, I’m including all of Bob’s unfilled tags in this sim as well))

((Betazoid Bob's Used Yacht Emporium – Merchant District, Habitat Ring, Amity Outpost))

Olivia: Oh yes of course. Should we go see the bedroom?

Before Robin could answer, the door to the holosuite opened in the middle of the room, and Robin’s jaw dropped. The audacity! She was shocked. She was amused. It was like a shuttle crash. She couldn’t look away. Betazoid Bob – in the buff.

oO Oh… My… God… Oo

Bob: So do you like what you see so far?

Robin felt, rather than saw, Olivia’s gaze turn to her. Hopper’s eyes never left the Betazoid man’s body – finding one thing after another to stare at in disbelief. He clearly wasn’t ashamed. Neither was she. But she was utterly caught off guard.

oO This is one hell of a sales tactic… Oo

Olivia: Oh you love it, don't you dearie?

Hopper: Well… ::Finally tearing her gaze away, looking back to Olivia::  You two certainly have my attention.

Bob: Response

Olivia: We were thinking this one or "Monochrome Majesty". Though, I do prefer this one.

The door shut behind Bob, who stepped a little closer into the Afterparty’s living space. Robin’s eyes widened, ever-so-slightly as she tried to avoid staring again.

Hopper: ::Containing nervous giggling::  Hehhheehhheyyyeeeah… I mean, umm, yes. That’s right.  ::Fervently looking back and forth between their eyes::  Personally, I’m leaning more towards this one. I like how spacious it is and the chandelier really sets the nude– UH, MOOD.  ::Awkward smile::

Olivia: Oh darling, that sounds like the perfect idea for this yacht's first trip out! You and a special someone, uninterrupted…

Robin tried to smile at the suggestion, but the face she made felt more like a grimace.

Bob: Response

It was painfully hard to avert her gaze, or her thoughts, from the traditional Betazoid formal wear to her left. She shifted her attention back to Olivia, relegating Bob to her distant peripheral vision.

Hopper: So, um, given that this is the “After Party Boat” I assume there’s a bar? But I don’t see a hot tub.

Olivia: It's in the master suite. Isn't it Bob?

Bob: Response

Hopper: Oh, I see. Well, then, I guess lead the way… Or, um, why don’t you point me there and I’ll lead the way?

She figured the view from the front of the conga line would be less revealing than from the rear end.

Olivia: ::pointing:: Down there sweet.

Bob: Response

Hopper: Through the bedroom – which is just over here?  ::Pointing to the door::  Okay, um, everyone follow me!

Despite her efforts, she felt an arm loop through hers and pull her forward, thankful that it was the green-skinned Orion (and not the bare-skinned Betazoid) who’d grabbed onto her.

Olivia: This way darling.

Hopper: Oh! Yeah, okay, we’re going…

Bob: Response

As they walked through the bedroom and through a mirrored walk-in closet, Robin felt herself thrusted forward into the impressive en suite – which contained not only all the usual amenities, separated by obscurable glass partitions, but also the requested hot tub feature. A glass wall beside the tub showed a view of the picturesque Barossa nebula beyond.

Olivia: Ta-da!

Bob: Response

Hopper: ::Nodding::  I have to say you two, I am impressed.

She turned around, having forgotten for a moment that the lead merchant was in the buff, and quickly spun the rest of the way around until she was facing the hot tub once more.

Hopper: It’s surprisingly comfortable in here, despite being kind of ‘grand’.

Olivia: Now if I were you I'd make sure to have a date – ::nudging Robin's shoulder:: or several  – to experience this properly with ::wink::

Robin rolled her eyes and sighed. She’d had precious little luck – or time – in that regard since coming to Amity. Everyone, including herself, was either so busy or so focused on other things… and many of those who were interested in finding a bit of romance were often looking for something more concrete than she was. When she’d first arrived on Amity she’d figured it would provide ample opportunities to meet people – but it had mostly been dead ends so far.

Hopper: ::Slightly sarcastically::  That’d be nice.

Bob: Response

Robin crossed her arms and watched as Olivia gracefully perched on the edge of the tub, tucking both legs over the side. She stretched her arms out, gesturing to the yacht itself, smiling with her winning smile.

Olivia: Do you want it?

Bob: response

The only way to keep all of Bob out of view was, ironically, to move closer. She stepped forward, passing the Betazoid, and took a seat on the edge of the hot tub opposite Olivia, keeping her gaze locked on the Orion for the time being.

Hopper: I’m certainly sold on the notion that, were I to have a yacht, this very well might be the right one. And you’ve both been very generous and, uhhh,  ::glancing at Bob inadvertently as he entered her peripheral vision::  very open with me…

Olivia/Bob: Response

Hopper: Alright then… Then how do we finalize the transference?

Olivia/Bob: Response

Hopper: Hmm? Oh, I don’t really deal in that sort of capitalist thing.  ::Chuckling::  I mean, isn’t that a little outdated? I wouldn’t even know where to begin.

Olivia/Bob: Response

Hopper: Really?  ::Playing dumb::  I hadn’t realized. Oh, I feel so foolish. I’m not very familiar with mercantile transactions, I guess.

Olivia/Bob: Response

TBC

==

Lt. Robin Hopper (she/they)