JP - Lt. Talos Dakora, Lt. Robin Hopper, & Lohani Vananth-Polgonz: Revelations (Part 1)

Robin Hopper

Apr 19, 2023, 12:26:01 PM4/19/23

((OOC Note - This sim follows a plot thread started in the USS Artemis sim “Lt. Dakora - Memories, Threats and Travel Plans”...)

((Lohani Vananth-Polgonz’ Office – Level 65, Plaraz Building, Betazed))

The Daughter of the Sixth House of Betazed stood at the large tinted window that served as a back wall to her office – the only thing between her and the glistening waters of the Hedayan Archipelago beyond… That and a galaxy’s worth of responsibilities. As if managing her media portfolio, and administering her own household weren’t sufficient toils, she was also now tied up with recurring business in the Delta Quadrant – a near-six-week voyage each way.

Then there was this other matter… With the young Starfleet Officer. Amidst her inbox, that news had been the only one to truly catch her by surprise. The University of Betazed had appointed, some time ago, a team to work on recovering historical artifacts and records thought lost or destroyed during the Dominion occupation. Much of their efforts, thus far, had been sentimental – yet unsensational. That had changed this morning.

Secretary: ::Over the comm line::  =/\= Daughter Vananth-Polgonz…? Your wife is still on the line. =/\=

Lohani sighed and moved back towards her desk, leaning over to her communicator and pressing the button to accept the incoming call. A moment later, Lwustrode’s face appeared on the screen at her desk. Lohani took a seat.

Lwustrode: You look tired, Imzadi.

Lohani: Don’t say that.

She looked at her reflection in the glossy black surface of her desk. She did look tired.

Lwustrode: ::Small smile::  I thought you appreciated brutal honesty… Your work is weighing on you. I see it.

Lohani: Yes… Particularly, Matriarch Tiannidon’s latest mandate. I’ll be exploring the possible validity of an uncovered record of lineage. A new cousin for Eelin – maybe – and, if the Four will it, who knows? Perhaps a new Son of the Sixth House of Betazed, representing a bloodline thought extinguished by the Dominion.

Lwustorde: A new Son? Really? Who?

Lohani: A Starfleet Officer. Talos Dakora… Apparently he works for Starfleet Intelligence – bit of an oxymoron these days.  ::Smirk::  I’m not going to hold that against him. But work is also taking me back to the Delta Quadrant, I’m afraid. So… if he wants it, he’s going to have to come to me.

((Seven Weeks Later – The Glommer and Beagle, Grand Mezzanine - Amity Outpost))

Talos wasn't entirely sure how he had found himself taking leave from the Artemis to make the six-week journey to the Amity outpost, where some member of the Betazoid nobility was going to interview and verify any connection he and his family had to the noble houses, but his Govanna's threat to move to DS224 and spend her final years meddling in all aspects of his life if he didn't comply had probably played a large role in the decision.

Dakora: oO I’ll just treat it like a vacation… Check out the nightlife and try not to think about the whole… nobility… thing. Oo

It wasn’t long after he’d arrived that Talos had found himself bellied up to an ultra-modern bar, in an establishment whose decor and theming seemed to have little to do with its name, save for a prominently displayed portrait of a dog on one wall. It was weird, but occasionally, Talos appreciated a little weirdness. Looking more than a little out of place in a colorful Hawaiian print button-up shirt and jeans, Talos stood out among the fine tunics and well-tailored uniforms of the other patrons as he ordered a martini in a large, flamboyant glass.

As he plucked the plastic toothpick with three olives skewered on it from his glass, he stripped one off with his teeth and ate it before returning the toothpick to his glass. It was an odd habit, and it had apparently drawn the attention of someone in the bar, if the tingly feeling of attention that danced across his empathic senses was to be believed. Talos scanned down and around the long, bar until his dark eyes fell on a pair of blue ones across the bar from him. He grinned the sheepish grin of someone who had been caught in the act at his observer before averting his gaze.

She was cute, very cute and he was on vacation… any indecision within him was polarized by an utterly adorable smile cast in his direction. He was on his feet and crossing to her side of the bar, martini in hand, almost immediately.

He sidled up to the stool beside her.

Dakora: You mind if I join you?

Hopper: ::Turning towards him, a slight smirk::  I think you’d know if I did.

Robin enjoyed a dramatic pause as she lifted her mojito’s straw to her lips and took a sip of the drink, gazing up at the deep black eyes looking down at hers. She supposed she ought to respond to his question, polite as it was, with a proper answer – rather than a quip.

Hopper: ::Setting her glass down::  Actually, you’d be doing me a favour.

She nodded down at the PADD sitting beside her drink on the bar. She’d noticed the newcomer when he’d first entered. It was easy to differentiate the ‘tourists’ from the Amity ‘regulars’ by the way they took in their surroundings. She was glad he’d opted to sit across the bar, and found herself increasingly distracted from the midnight oil she’d been burning.

He settled onto the stool beside her, angling his body towards her just enough to make his interest crystal clear and set his glass on the bar.

Dakora: Am I now? ::His smirk turned just the slightest bit devious.:: If we're going to be trading favors, then I think it's only fair that I get your name…

Hopper: Robin… And who can I thank for saving me from doing anymore work tonight?  ::Taking another sip::

Talos laughed and raised his glass just a little.

Dakora: I'm Talos, and ruining a would-be productive night is just one of the many skills I possess.

He sipped at his martini, but his eyes didn't seem to want to leave his new acquaintance.

Hopper: Well, thank you Talos…  ::Touching his sleeve::  I like your shirt.

Robin absent-mindedly twirled the straw in her drink. She’d always enjoyed vintage and retro fashion. Tonight, she’d opted for a black sleeved minidress covered in a playful pattern of cut-outs inspired by the go-go dresses of Earth’s 1960s and 70s.

His shirt seemed similarly evocative of that bygone era. It was definitely fun – though she couldn’t help but think it’d probably look better off.

Talos' smirk grew into a full grin as he basked in her compliment and her attention. The little hints of her feelings that played across his empathic senses gave him the impression that at least some of the interest was mutual.

Dakora: Really? I think that might be a first. ::He chuckled.:: But the feeling is mutual. Your dress is stunning.

Her outfit was unlike any he'd seen in recent memory. But where his outfit was eclectic to the point of near irony, hers still looked stylish and sexy. On all levels, it was working for him.

Hopper: Oh? ::Glancing down:: This old thing?

She looked back up at Talos, and rested her head in her hand, leaning on the bar. Six-foot-something, strong arms, and eyes that showed he meant it when he smiled at her... men like that always made her feel weak in the knees.

Hopper: ::Genuine::  Thank you… Actually, I agonized over it for longer than I’d like to admit…  ::Light chuckle::  But no sense keeping secrets, right?

Somehow, the stress of the long trip to Amity to appease his grandmother was starting to feel like it wasn't the worst idea he'd ever had.

Dakora: So. ::He shined a lopsided grin in her direction.:: Let's say I'm a tourist on vacation here at Amity. What's there to do around here for a man of questionably discerning taste? Preferably while accompanied by a gorgeous and interesting stranger?

Hopper: Mmm, well, it’s a big station. Plenty of discerning and questionable ways to have fun…  ::Looking over his tattoos::  Something tells me you’d enjoy the Merchant District.  ::Amused::  It’s a bit less shiny and polished than the mezzanine, but if you want to see what the Delta Quadrant has to offer – and you’re up for something more adventurous

Robin trailed off, raising her eyebrows as the bartender deposited two more drinks in front of them. She offered a quick thanks – and once they were alone again, continued conspiring.

Hopper: I’d say we finish these drinks, then make our way there – see what kind of trouble our stars have in store for us.

He quirked an eyebrow at the suggestion. It almost sounded like something he might've said himself.

Dakora: Hmm. ::He pretended to consider her words for a moment, then  shrugged.:: Alright. I'm in.

TBC in part 2/6…

Lt. Talos Dakora

Chief Intelligence Officer

USS Artemis-A