Lieutenant Ikaia Wong - Did Someone Bring Cookies?

Ka Banning

Nov 15, 2021, 11:02:00 PM11/15/21
to sb118...@googlegroups.com

((Conference Room B4 - Amity Outpost - Just Shortly Before the Arrival of the Hawlat...))

Ikaia made sure there was enough room for the Hawlat people if they either wanted the floor or the table. He had also replicated another pitcher of water and some cups just in case someone wanted something. Elsewhere in the room, he had his medical equipment set up and he had his medical pouch strapped to his hip just in case he needed a hypo on the fly. It was just a matter of waiting for the Hawlat to arrive. Ikaia looked over both Carter and Suribana one more time.

Wong: So remember the substance I scooped off of the Yosemite? Well I got the results back from the lab. What came back was that the ooze in question contains psychoactive agents which was unexpected.

Suribana/Carter: Response.

Wong: Well, hopefully, this isn’t the milk being mentioned by the Hawlat people. While it is psychoactive, drinking it might not be a great idea. The agent responsible has been known to carry the risk of cardiac arrest in humans. Roughly a 20% chance of it. Also well… you know that children’s play slime that’s sold in gift shops? It has about that as a consistency. In short, not a fun drink.

Suribana/Carter: Response.

Wong: Which reminds me, I don’t know what’s in the milk because a sample hasn’t been provided to anyone in the Medical Centre. So we’re going in blind at the moment. But the point I’m bringing up here is that, Commander, you need to think about what you’re going to say or do if you can’t complete this. Please keep in mind, if I think the risk is too great before we even begin, I will pull you off of this. I’d rather not see you as a patient.

oOAnd if I have to - go in your place.Oo

A part of Ikaia was absolutely nervous about the idea of Carter going into this Ritual. While he wouldn’t go as far as to say he was a nervous wreck. He was at least somewhat stressed about this. He wondered if anyone was going to stop to think about the consequences of looking before leaping next time?

Suribana/Carter: Response.

Lieutenant Ikaia Wong PA-C

Chief Medical Officer

Amity Outpost