Ambassador Rivi Vataix: Exact Punishment

Roshanara Rahman

Aug 15, 2023, 9:15:07 PM8/15/23
to sb118...@googlegroups.com
((Hopper’s Apartment, Beijing District, Habit Ring – Amity Outpost))

When Robin opened the door, Rivi was greeted by the sight of the cheery science officer wearing fashionable workout clothing. The light sweat on her face and damp hair were evidence
that Rivi had caught her in the midst of no doubt her usual exercise routines.

Hopper: Hey–  Oh! Rivi!  ::Smiling::  Hiya neighbour.

Vataix: Hello, Robin!

Robin put a hand out against the door frame to lean against it as she placed her other on her hip

Hopper: What brings you ‘round my place?  ::Momentary concern::  Something isn’t wrong is it? With the warp travel restrictions?

Rivi tilted her head from one shoulder to the other.

Vataix: I was "just in the neighborhood," and thought I'd stop by.

Hopper: Oh.

The science officer looked back into her home, and Rivi couldn't keep a straight face. She quickly interjected. It was just too exciting to keep to herself.

Vataix: Actually, that's a lie! I'm here for a very important reason.

Hopper: ::Head tilt, eyes wide::  Very, um, important? Very important?

Vataix: May I come inside?

The ambassador glanced past Robin to look towards where Robin had earlier.

Robin smiled back with a bit of a blush.

Hopper: Yes, of course.  ::Stepping aside, gesturing in::  You’ll have to forgive me, I was, uhh, just in the middle of something.

Rivi walked in while Robin quickly scurried to clean up the room, retrieving cushions that had somehow found themselves tossed about the room. As the other woman continued to tidy up the mess, Rivi remained standing stoically, holding her arms in front of her with her fingers interlaced.

Hopper: Sorry… I wasn’t expecting some company. After our mission to, um, Idtrustix, I just had some nervous energy to work out.

Vataix: Of course. We all need our healthy... outlets.

After Robin tossed a blanket over the arm of the sofa, she pointed towards the kitchen.

Hopper: Can I get you anything? Smoothie? Bellini?  ::Shrug, chuckle::  Apple pie?

Vataix: Oh, I'm quite all right, but thank you! But don't let me stop you from getting something for yourself.

As Robin took her up on that, Rivi went over to sit in one of the armchairs she'd been directed to.

Hopper: ::Getting a glass of water from the fridge-mounted replicator::  So, you wanted to talk about something important? Is everything alright?

Vataix: It will be.

Hopper: Response

Rivi waited patiently as Robin returned with a glass of water in hand. The ambassador crossed her legs and held onto her knee as she leaned slightly forward.

Vataix: If you can believe it, Robin, it's been over a year since you first arrived here on Amity Outpost.

Hopper: Response

Rivi nodded as she continued.

Vataix: You came in just as Kivik informed me that he wished to go with Captain Rahman on the Kitty Hawk. It meant you had to step up quickly as the new head of Science.

Hopper: Response

Vataix: Your leadership of the department has been excellent, with your skills and warm, encouraging guidance of your subordinates noted by both those within the department and those beyond.

She wasn't exaggerating. Robin had gotten high praise from internal evaluations among the Starfleet and civilian science personnel as well as even visiting dignitaries that had worked with her over the past year.

Hopper: Response

The Betazoid woman smiled and released her knee to retrieve something from her pocket. She'd prepared with a new hollow pip for the occasion, but now she had two hollow pips in her pocket, courtesy of Nathan. As she took one of them out, there wasn't a sure way to tell which one was it from the naked eye. She held out the pip to Robin.

Vataix: And that's why you deserve this. As your commanding officer, I hereby promote you to the rank of Lieutenant Commander, effective immediately. Congratulations, Commander.

Hopper: Response

TAG! TBC...

Ambassador Rivi Vataix
Chief of Mission and Commanding Officer, Amity Outpost
Federation Diplomatic Corps, United Federation of Planets
I238705TZ0