JP – First Secretary Keehani Ukinix & Lt. Robin Hopper: Federation Standard (Part 4)

Robin Hopper

Apr 14, 2023, 10:57:16 PM4/14/23
to Amity Outpost (IC)

((Holodeck E – Science & Research Center))

Brad: What?

With that, Keehani pointed the weapon at Brad’s shoulder.  She had a right mind to injure him for his panicked insolence…

But her finger remained well away from the trigger of the weapon.  As she looked at Brad’s face of fear, she suddenly called out loudly.

Keehani: Computer, freeze program.

There was a chirp of confirmation, before the world froze around Robin and Keehani.  Keehani lowered her weapon, then gently put the safety back in place. Robin breathed an audible sigh of relief. There was a beat of silence, during which neither woman said anything. Finally, Robin broke the silence.

Hopper: So… That was intense.

Keehani: ::Shaking head:: I can’t do it.  ::Looking down, patting hand on stomach:: I *love* these outfits, I may even wear mine to the office tomorrow.  ::Looking at Robin, smiling:: And it really suits you, you look amazing!  ::Looking back at “Frozen” Brad::  But I can’t do this.

Hopper: Assassinate him?  ::Shaking her head::  Yeah… I kept expecting something to happen. You know, to save him?

Keehani: ::Doubting tone:: Hmm.

Hopper: I mean – we’re the bad guys in this scene, right?

Keehani: ::Screwing up nose:: I don’t know…

Hopper: Well, look, I don’t know about you, but I’m inclined to just skip to the scene where they go to the diner and dance the twist – that’s the only part of this movie I’m familiar with. And to be honest, I have no idea how that scene connects with..  ::pointing at Brad::  ..this.  ::Shrugging::  You wanna just go get milkshakes and dance in our penguin suits?

Keehani slowly looked away from the holographic character Brad, the man she was meant to “take care of”, before slowly looking over to Robin.  Keehani had gotten into character far too much, and it disturbed her.  She took a deep breath, as she observed Robin in her similar dark suit.

Dancing, of any kind, and a beverage with Robin sounded like a much better idea.  In fact, looking at Robin (who looked amazing in her suit) sounded like a very good time.  Seeing Robin out of her uniform, and somehow still smiling and bubbly after the dark experience they had just been through together, was very appealing.

oO Robin is lovely… Oo

Keehani: What’s a… “penguin”?

Hopper: ::Small smile:: A small flightless bird that looks like it’s wearing a tuxedo. They’re adorable.

Keehani: Oh!  ::slight smile, playful eye roll:: Robin, I’d love to go dancing with you.  Especially in these suits.  ::Holding out elbow::  Shall we?

Robin tucked her arm through Keehani’s.

Hopper: Now you’re talking my language, baby.

((Six minutes later))

The holoprogram had been skipped ahead to a later scene.  The pair were in an establishment that had fake and tacky decor, with waiters dressed in costumes for some reason.  Music was playing loudly throughout the establishment, and Robin and Keehani were on a dancefloor, in their socks, trying to win a “twist contest” trophy.

Hopper: ::Twisting::  Woo! Now this is more like it, huh?!  ::Leaning in, still twisting::  I hope you think so.

Keehani: ::raised voice:: Are you kidding? This is fun!

Keehani looked at Robin with a smile, then shook her shoulders back and forth, before taking off her jacket, twirling it above her head, and then throwing it out into parts unknown. Robin cheered – then, following suit, took off her jacket and threw it into the crowd as well.

Hopper: ::Chuckling::  Why are we throwing our jackets?!

Keehani: ::Clicking fingers in time with music, smiling at Robin, raised voice:: Because I want that trophy.

Hopper: ::Grinning::  Oh, it’s ours!

END

R-K-PF.png

First Secretary Keehani Ukinix
Ambassadorial Aide, Amity Outpost
Federation Diplomatic Corps, United Federation of Planets
V239511WU0

&

Lt. Robin Hopper
Chief Science Officer,