Lt. Robin Hopper: Truth Serum

Robin Hopper

Dec 5, 2022, 5:56:50 PM12/5/22
to Amity Outpost

((OOC – Moving this scene along as per the 48/72 hr rule. Older tags for Wong can be found in the last Richards sim, here: Ensign Nathan Richards: Let’s Get This Party Started!))

((OOC 2 – Since we’re at the end of shore leave and need to wrap things up, we’re going to have a MONTAGE! Feel free to backsim as you like in each one, as marked!))

((Amity Outpost – Grand Mezzanine, The Glommer and Beagle))

As the server strode back towards the bar, Robin ate another jalapeno popper. She liked the curly fries at Wet Goods better, but it was hard to go wrong with melty cheese stuffed inside a breaded and fried hot pepper.

Now that an adequate source of snacks had been acquired, and their drink orders had been rung in, Robin turned to the other members of the group.

Hopper: Not to get ahead of ourselves, but where should we go next? I’ve been tying to try one of the symmetrical cocktails at Three Stripes - ::chuckling:: and we should probably go there before we all get too trashed.

S’Raga: ::genuine confusion:: What makes a cocktail “symmetrical”?

Richards: Probably some kind of Vulcan mixology or something. ::Chuckling::

Robin just shrugged her shoulders. She assumed that the symmetricality was merely in the construction of the glass… It would be a welcome surprise to find out that they were, in fact, in some way molecularly symmetrical as well.  oO I wonder if you can ‘taste’ that…? Oo

Wong: Response

Hopper: Oh - and has anyone been to that place that just opened up in the merchant district? What’s it called? The Something Targ?

Iko: Terrible Targ. That one you will get trashed at, no matter how hard you try.

Robin looked at S’Raga and raised her eyebrows. Somehow, she couldn’t see the adorable Caitian Ensign getting drunk without consuming a drop of liquor… But then again, maybe the vapours in there were strong enough on their own!

S’Raga: Well, I might not be participating in the drinking, but I’ll be happy to go wherever you all want to go!

Richards: I will go wherever the night takes us!

Hopper: Same here. Remember everyone, we’re just here to have fun and enjoy a little R&R with our good buddy, Ikaia.  ::Looking at Wong with a mischievous twinkle in her eye::  Who, himself, needs to make sure to have some fun as well.

Wong: Response

Hopper: Maybe it would be best then to end tonight’s festivities at the Targ…  ::Smirking::  It’ll be the shortest walk home, at least.

She ate another popper, happily.

Iko: Especially if we want a challenge.

S’Raga: ::With a quick chuckle:: Wow, the Terrible Targ sounds like it really lives up to its name.

Wong: Response

Richards: It definitely sounds interesting.

Hopper: What are you suggesting, Bec?

Iko: You have to have one more drink than at the last Bar. Should be easy enough…

Bec raised her hands, while the rest of the table exchanged glances. Robin could see, reflected on their faces, the same mixture of excitement and caution that she felt.

Iko: If people are willing.

The server returned with their drink orders and placed them around the table. Robin scooped up her Moscow Mule, served in the ‘traditional’ copper mug.  oO That seems like a deadly deadly idea…  But fun… Oo  Nathan, always ready to throw himself headfirst into any situation, raised his rum & cola – evidently ready to start in on Bec’s challenge immediately.

Richards: To another great shoreleave, to the mission ahead, and…::Thinking:: to our health? I guess ::chuckling::

Robin laughed as well as glasses and cups clinked together. She took a sip of the mule, enjoying the combination of citrus, ginger, and vodka. It was a cool and refreshing counter to the spicy peppers.

Hopper: ::Chuckling:: While I’m sure our CMO is happy to hear that afterthought, Nathan, I think he might disagree with your notion of what constitutes healthy practices after tonight…

oO Oh God, things could get messyyyyy… Oo  As she took another sip of her drink, Robin shot a look across to Ikaia. In part, she wanted to make sure he had fun. All of them deserved to cut loose, but she didn’t want him worrying about anyone’s health or safety.

There was also a small part of her mind that worried about her own behaviour. Ikaia and her were the senior officers at the table and, while on Shore Leave they were allowed to be themselves – she still wanted to ensure that she remained a reasonably good example for the others… and retained their respect.

Hopper: ::Smiling::  Let’s just… Try to pace ourselves, alright?

She wondered if she ought to have confided in Ikaia regarding her attraction to Nathan, or their date. She’d planned to simply keep it private, figuring it was something nobody really needed to know. But if they were really going to get that drunk… She sort of wished she had someone to keep an eye on her.

Wong/Iko: Response

S’Raga: So, who’s taking a turn at the microphone, then?

Robin took another sip of her drink and ate another popper. She was still trying to decide if she ought to pull Ikaia aside for a moment.  oO Of course, he’ll be drinking too… Oo  If their days in the Academy had taught her anything, it was that Ikaia had remarkably low tolerance for synthehol (for a Klingon).

Richards: I think the first one to bring it up has to go up there. ::Pointing to S’Raga:: That would be you, buddy.

Wong/Iko: Response

For now, at least, she set her concerns aside.  oO Remember! Here to have fun! Oo  Instead, she gave a gentle and mildly-sarcastic applause at the idea of S’Raga going up on stage, confident he wouldn’t be thrilled with the notion.

Hopper:  ::Clapping::  Woo!!! Go S’Raga!!!

S’Raga: Oh, no no no, you don’t want to hear me sing. Besides, all I know is Caitian folk music.

Richards: Now that, I would love to hear!

Hopper: I think we’d all love to hear that.

Wong/Iko/S’Raga: Response

Richards: I haven’t had enough to drink yet. ::chuckling:: Plus I don’t think my musical taste fits with the crowd here. I might wait until Wet Goods.

Robin rolled her eyes and gave Nathan a playful little slap on the arm.

Hopper: Oh, please.  ::Looking at everyone else::  Did you all know Nathan can sing and play piano?

Wong/Iko: Response

Robin raised her eyebrows as she heard from the others.

Hopper: I didn’t know we had so many musicians at the table. ::Smirking::  Now I want to hear you all up there!  ::Taking another sip of her drink::

S’Raga: Response

Richards: More drinks! We are here for fun! More drinks!

Despite the fact that none of them were close to finishing their drinks, Nathan waved the server over to put in his next order.

Richards: Another round! Let’s get this Pub Crawl going!

… Rather, to put in the next order for everyoneoO Oh yes. This is going to get messy. Definitely. Oo

Hopper: ::Finishing her Moscow Mule::  Maybe Nathan should accompany you, S’Raga. Give you a little backing music?  ::A little smirk at Nathan::  Keep him away from the booze for a few minutes longer…

Wong/Iko/S’Raga/Richards: Response

((OOC – Can continue to backsim here, as desired))

((A Little Later, Amity Outpost – Grand Mezzanine, Three Stripes))

After the group had eventually finished their ‘business’ at the Glommer and Beagle they had, to Robin’s excitement, made their way around the Mezz to Three Stripes. It was a smaller ritzier joint, and she was glad they’d chosen to come there next. If things continued the way they’d begun, they were liable to get a little rowdy, and this establishment didn’t seem like the place.

Once they had gotten seated, Robin asked the crucial question…

Hopper: So… How many drinks did everyone have at the G&B?  ::A nod to S’Raga::  Accepting our designated ‘wrangler’ for the evening?  ::A general look around the table::  Are we all playing Bec’s challenge?

Wong/Iko/S’Raga/Richards: Response

Hopper: I had three…  ::Looking to the side and making a face::  …and a half, let’s say. So I’m going to have…  ::exhale::  Four and a half? That’s going to be confusing. I’ll just have four and make one a double.

She set her hands flat on the table.

Hopper: So! Who’s ready to find out what all the fuss is about?  ::Pointing around at everyone::  Symmetrical? Symmetrical? Everyone want a symmetrical cocktail?

Wong/Iko/S’Raga/Richards: Response

((OOC – Can continue to backsim here, as desired))

((A Little Later, Amity Outpost – Grand Mezzanine, Wet Goods))

Robin was laughing at something, but couldn’t quite remember what anymore. Someone had said something that had gotten them all laughing, back at the Three Stripes… and that had prompted them to take their leave of the establishment before they’d overstayed their welcome… A departure that had only served to amuse Robin further.

Now they were sitting at Wet Goods, someone was singing on the stage, and Robin was swirling a little plastic sword around in her drink, chasing a cherry, as she giggled. She was now on drink number two of… five? Was it five?

She looked around for Nathan, wondering if he was the one on stage, and decided to just rest her head on the shoulder of whoever was beside her. It felt comfortable.

Hopper: ::Giggling::  I think I’m going to have trouble keeping count soon…

Wong/Iko/S’Raga/Richards: Response

Hopper: Okay, that’s it, as soon as I finish my curly fries, I’m getting myself on that karaoke list. You’re all going to suffer through my rendition of Super Trouper… and you’re going to like it!

Wong/Iko/S’Raga/Richards: Response

((OOC – Can continue to backsim here, as desired))

((A Little Later, Amity Outpost – Habitat Ring, Paxau District, Punch Monkey Poolside Bar))

Robin sat in the jacuzzi drinking some sort of fruity concoction that was piled high with slices of pineapple and kiwi. She looked down, not for the first time, to confirm that she had - in fact - changed into her bathing suit before climbing in.  oO Okay, good… Good…  ::Smiling::  Now you just have to remember to change back into your civvies before heading to the Targ or people are going to STAAAare… Oo

Wong/Iko/S’Raga/Richards: Response

Hopper: ::Sipping from the extremely long whimsically-curly straw::  Oh, this is… number, um… five. Out of…  ::Thinking::  Six. God, I hope it’s just six.

Her leg brushed against someone else’s. She didn’t know whose – except that it probably wasn’t S’Raga’s – but she kind of didn’t care. They were all just here to have fun. A little innocent incidental contact in the hot tub didn’t bother her.

Hopper: Hey – question! If you could, um–  ::almost tipping her drink into the jacuzzi, but just stopping herself::  –whoops! If you could live on any world in Federation space… Which would it be?

Wong/Iko/S’Raga/Richards: Response

((OOC – Can continue to backsim here, as desired))

((A Little Later, Amity Outpost – Habitat Ring, Merchant District, The Terrible Targ))

Hopper: And that’s how I earned the nickname ‘Hops’... It’s not a leg thing… It’s not a contraction of my name… I have an – ::leaning in for dramatic effect::  admittedly, somewhat ironic – intolerance to Hops-based beverages.  ::Chuckling::  If I drink even one beer, my whole night is just #$%@...

Barkeep: ::Gruffly::  I’ll keep that in mind. Now, why don’t you go back and sit with your friends?

Hopper: Oh, is that my drink?  ::Laughing::  Silly me! Thank you!

She picked up the small cup of… whatever it was… and carried the drink haphazardly back towards the table where the others were sitting. As she reached them, she walked up behind Nathan and set her drink on the table in front of him. She leaned forward, wrapping her arms around his shoulders, and resting her head on his.

Hopper: You guys are the best…

Wong/Iko/S’Raga/Richards: Response

She knew she should let go and retake her seat – but between her drunken grogginess, her impaired sense of balance, and how good it felt to wrap her arms around Nathan’s strong shoulders, it was taking every ounce of willpower she had left to do so. At last, she pried herself off him and tried to make it clear each and every one of them deserved a similar hug – but she lacked the motor skills to do so.

oO Ohhhh… It’s happening… And this is only drink number two… Oo

Her eyes met those of the sober Caitian sitting across the table. She knew what she had to do.

Hopper: Hey, S’Raga, do you think I could, um, talk to you… Just for a second. I think I might have dropped something, ummm… maybe back at the pool? And I just wanted to sort of, re-trace my steps… ::squinting:: …in my mind. With someone who’s sober. It’d really help.

S’Raga: Response

Wong/Iko/Richards: Response

((OOC – This conversation happens aside; We can assume the others continue chatting, meanwhile))

As they stepped away, Robin put her hands on her hips and tried to steady herself. She spoke softly, enough that the music in the bar would hopefully drown out their conversation and the others wouldn’t hear.

Hopper: Heeyyyy… S’Raga… ::Patting S’Raga’s arm::  We’re pals, right?

S’Raga: Response

Hopper: I, umm, need to tell you something.  ::Glancing back at the table::  It’s a secret.  ::Eyebrows raised::  A big secret. Like. You can’t tell anybody. Not anyone.

S’Raga: Response?

Hopper: Nathan and I… Umm… We sort of… Went on a date…

S’Raga: Response

TBC

==

Lt. Robin Hopper (she/they)