PO Wister Gray, "Long may she reign."

Deliera Jay

Jan 5, 2023, 9:27:30 PM1/5/23
to sb118...@googlegroups.com
((Terminal A))

Gray: I'm Petty Officer Wister Gray. I'm an exchange medic, from Earth? I just got here and -- I'm a little out of my depth. I don't know where I'm supposed to go.

Reade: Oh welcome aboard. I am Lt.JG Scotty Reade, Acting Chief of Operations on the station. :: puts out hand:: Yes Amity can sometimes be a doozy to navigate. Were you told to report to anyone once you to Amity?

The Ops Chief took a sip of his coffee as Wister spoke.

Gray: Yeah, I was told I needed to talk to an Ambassador Vataix? I'm not sure if that's right, though -- I was expecting to have to report to a Starfleet commanding officer or something. I'm here to work in the Starfleet medical department.

Reade: Yes, that is correct. Even though you are a Starfleet officer, Ambassador Vataix is the lead person on board. I was actually headed back that way. I can show you the way if you like.

Gray: That'd be great. Thanks.

Reade: Awesome, shall we head towards her office.

Gray: Sure!

With a relieved huff, Wish grasped his duffle bag with a little more confidence, the whitening of his fingers dissipating as the anxiety subsided.

Reade: What made you choose Amity as your exchange destination?

Gray: Well, it was one of two choices, really. 'Take secondment' or 'don't take secondment'. ::he grinned.:: I took secondment.

Reade: Oh I see. You made a good choice. Amity has a lot happening all the time; I am sure you will not become bored while you stay with us.

Gray: If the amount of people here is any indication, I don't think boredom will ever come into the equation.

At the end of Terminal A was a set of...

Train lines? On a starbase? Weren't there usually only turbolifts? His eyebrows raised as Reade took them to the Purple line.

Reade: We just need to wait for the train that will take us up a level to the Grand Mezzanine.

((En-Route to Grand Mezzanine, Purple Line Train))

Reade led Wish to the front carriage, standing in front of a large window.

Reade: We are nearly there. I will advise Ambassador Vataix of your arrival.

Gray: Thanks.

Reade: =/\= Ambassador Vataix. I have an exchange medical student Petty Officer Wister Grey wanting to meet you. Is now a good time to come up?

Vataix: =/\= Response? =/\=

Reade: =/\= Understood Ambassador, we shall be there within the next minutes, just getting off the train. =/\=

Wister glanced back to the Ops chief.

Reade: Looks like she is ready to meet you. We are almost there.

((Level 15 - Ambassador Rivi Vataix’s Office - Grand Mezzanine, Amity Outpost))

After a walk through the Grand Mezzanine, the glass elevators overlooking the entire area deposited them on the 15th floor. Reade appeared to be walking around like it was just a normal day -- but Wish behind him was utterly bemused by the spectacle that was Outpost Amity.

And as they approached what probably should've been the grand entrance to the Very Important CO, a voice chimed.

Vataix: Response?

Reade opened the door, allowing Wister to enter first. He followed behind.

Ambassador Rivi Vataix was a blonde woman with a pristine air about her. Certainly not what Wister had been expecting initially -- though given the nature of Amity, perhaps this was just the right person for the job.

Reade; Morning Ambassador, this is our new exchange medical student.

Gray: Uh, medical officer. ::he corrected with a nod.:: Sorry, I didn't explain properly. I'm a medic in the United Earth's AeroNav Combined Service's Royal Navy. I'm now on secondment to Starfleet Medical.

Vataix: Response?

Gray:::with a grin:: We tend to just call it Combined Services. UEANCS tends to be a bit of a mouthful.

Vataix: Response?

Gray: Ah, well the Royal Navy is one of five navies in operation on Earth. The name's more of a distinguishing factor these days. Five seas, five naval organisations, reporting to Combined Services. My ship, HMS Coldone -- we were based out in the Pacific Ocean above Australia. Coldone finally entered retirement, so the crew's in various new places until they commission a new Coldone. Hence, I was offered the opportunity to work with Starfleet Medical until things get squared. I've never been in space before so...

He glanced out the window overlooking the Mezzanine.

Gray: It's all very new.

Reade: Yes, ma’am.

Vataix: Response?

Tbc . . .