Liberty Granola in Glass Jars

Liberty Granola

Oct 6, 2010, 6:43:59 PM10/6/10
to sb-plastic-challenge
If you're participating in the Plastic Challenge, I invite you to try
local and organic Liberty Granola! This sweet, salty, crunchy, nutty
blend comes packaged in a reusable glass mason jar. After delighting
in your granola, use the jar to freeze home-made chicken stock, make
mayo with your immersion blender, store dry goods, tote water to work,
fill with soup for a sick friend, use as a vase for farmer's market
flowers, replace plastic food storage, and organize craft items.

You can read more and find a place to purchase at www.libertygranola.com.

THANK YOU for your pledge and enjoy plastic-free Liberty.

Krista Harris / Edible Santa Barbara

Oct 7, 2010, 12:22:55 AM10/7/10
to sb-plastic-challenge
I will add that eating Liberty Granola works for the Eat Local
Challenge as well - so a double challenge item! And the stuff is
completely addicting - the most amazing granola I have ever tasted.

But back to those glass mason jars... they really do have dozens of
uses. If you want to reuse them for canning purposes, you need to buy
new lids. But for other uses you can reuse the 2-part lids. Or if you
don't like using the two part lids, they make plastic (yikes, don't
buy them this month) screw top reusable lids. I hesitate to even
mention them because they are plastic, but if you have kids who really
struggle with the 2-part lids, they make sense. And they are reusable
probably indefinitely, so they won't end up in the landfill.

-Krista