Getting Ready to Kick Off Sixth Eat Local Challenge!

Krista Harris / Edible Santa Barbara

Sep 11, 2014, 5:57:48 PM9/11/14
to sb-eat-loca...@googlegroups.com
We are excited to announce our annual Eat Local Challenge will begin on October 1, 2014. An Eat Local Challenge is a great way to encourage you to think about where your food comes from and to perhaps change the way you shop and the food you buy.

How to Participate in the Eat Local Challenge
  • Eat only foods produced within a 100- or 150-mile radius of your home, or within the tri-county region, or within California.
    .
  • Decide if you are going to make any exceptions (such as for coffee, tea or spices), but try to stay as local as possible.
    .
  • Let us know you are participating on this Google Group and feel free to ask questions and post information.
    .
  • Join the Facebook Group titled “Eat Local Challenge” and RSVP at the Facebook event titled “Eat Local Challenge October 2014.
    .
  • Follow the blogs at EdibleSantaBarbara.com and CECSB.org

Let Us Know How It’s GoingIf you are blogging or would like to share your experiences, email us atin...@ediblesantabarbara.com.

Thanks for being part of this group!

Krista Harris
Editor/Publisher
Edible Santa Barbara

Kate Griffith

Oct 1, 2014, 12:55:58 PM10/1/14
to sb-eat-loca...@googlegroups.com
Flying Goat Cellars is participating in the Eat Local Challenge with our annual Harvest Farm to Table Winemaker Dinner on Friday, October 10, 6-9pm at Pioneer Ranch. Seats available call 805-736-9032 to make reservations.
cavern-300x225.jpg

Krista Harris

Oct 1, 2014, 1:32:45 PM10/1/14
to sb-eat-loca...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for posting this, and this is a great reminder that a dinner like this with local food and wine is fun and easy way to be part of the Challenge. With all the great wine being produced in Santa Barbara County, we should all be "drinking local" this month and beyond!

-Krista

Krista Harris - Editor/Publisher
Edible Santa Barbara
(805) 898-9612