Local Peanut Butter

Krista Harris / Edible Santa Barbara

Sep 19, 2010, 2:59:16 PM9/19/10
to SB Eat Local Challenge
This question just came up on the Facebook Eat Local Challenge event
page:

"Anybody know where we can get locally grown coffee- locally grown
cocoa for chocolate? And what about peanut butter? Some of my favorite
things...."

I just posted about coffee and chocolate, so now it's on to peanut
butter:

You can buy peanut butter at the farmers market. I can't remember the
name of the stand that carries it... someone help me out here... they
are the ones that have lots of different dried fruits and nuts.

You can also grind your own at health food and natural foods grocery
stores, but the peanuts wouldn't necessarily be local.

-Krista

Krista Harris / Edible Santa Barbara

Sep 25, 2010, 7:15:53 PM9/25/10
to SB Eat Local Challenge
I checked today at the Farmers Market and the name of the stand that
sells the peanut butter is Avila & Sons Farms. They are right on the
corner as you walk in from the Cota St. entrance. They had a couple
different varieties of nut butters and they were about $4.50 to $5
each. Their farm is in Hanford I believe, so it's about 200 miles from
Santa Barbara, but definitely the closest for peanuts unless you grow
them yourself.

-Krista

On Sep 19, 11:59 am, "Krista Harris / Edible Santa Barbara"