SayMore no longer asks for transcription or translation languages

Ryan Pennington

Mar 25, 2014, 1:49:17 AM3/25/14
to say...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

In the newest beta test (3.0.175) SayMore no longer asks for a transcription or translation language when exporting a FLExText. It seems very important that program allows one to specify which language the translation is in, at the least, so that FLEx knows where to put the text. Can anyone help me understand why this option was removed? Previously, right after selecting the annotation.eaf file a window appeared in which to choose these languages.

Thanks,
Ryan

Ryan Pennington

Mar 25, 2014, 1:53:36 AM3/25/14
to say...@googlegroups.com
I guess I didn’t look close enough to realize that this must be an error. A window does appear, but it says:

“Specify the writing systems for the transcriptions and free translations.

Translation:

_L10N_:SessionsView.Transcription.TierDisplayNames”

Is this a bug for everyone or just for me?
Ryan

John Hatton

Mar 25, 2014, 9:52:51 AM3/25/14
to say...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ryan,
Not just you-- Phil King just reported the same bug to us. Thanks guys for
helping us get this out of beta. We're hoping to go to "release candidate"
this week.

John Hatton
Senior Software Engineer/Program Manager
Language Software Development
SIL International