SayMore compatibility with PDFs

Ryan Pennington

Mar 6, 2014, 1:50:33 AM3/6/14
to say...@googlegroups.com
I produced a PDF form which can be used to do an electronic informed consent. However, when I pull a PDF form into SayMore it asks to open or save the file. If I say ‘cancel’, then I can go ahead and rename it as the Consent file. Unfortunately, every time the file is selected a window pops up asking me to open, save, or cancel. Additionally, the PDF file cannot be shown in the preview. Is this a problem particular to me, or have other people had issues working with PDF files in Saymore. Perhaps this functionality just hasn’t been introduced to the program yet?

Thanks for any comments,
Ryan

John Hatton

Mar 7, 2014, 4:05:58 PM3/7/14
to say...@googlegroups.com
Ryan, thanks for letting us know about the problem. I've entered it at
http://jira.palaso.org/issues/browse/SP-871 , and you'll be hearing from us
as we get it fixed.

jh

Ryan Pennington

Mar 7, 2014, 6:08:08 PM3/7/14
to say...@googlegroups.com
Great, thanks John!

Ryan

Ryan Pennington

Mar 10, 2014, 6:54:43 PM3/10/14
to say...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

I just wanted to follow up so others can benefit from what I learned from John. The problem was that I did not have Adobe Reader installed. Here’s what John said:

"I think what Ryan is seeing would happen if Internet Explorer (Ryan that's what is running in the "View" panel) doesn't know how to show PDFs. Ryan, is Adobe Reader installed? If so, you might have to google for why IE isn't showing PDFs. And you can do the troubleshooting right from IE, without SayMore.”

Once I had that downloaded, the solution was fixed. This was only an issue because I use SayMore on a Windows virtual machine (using Parallels on a Mac). I have several pdf readers on my Mac, but apparently none were on my Windows partition.

Ryan