SayMore won't play the audio files anymore. Please help!!!

KenK

Nov 28, 2016, 11:45:44 AM11/28/16
to SayMore, John Hatton
I am not sure what happened. Call it demonstration effect. But when I recorded a file in SayMore, and then tried to play it back, there was no sound generated. When I went to the source file, it was fine. Please help. Ken

Jonathan Dailey

Nov 29, 2016, 10:12:09 AM11/29/16
to say...@googlegroups.com
Things to try:
Download and install new version of saymore, etc.
Check what programs handle sound playback.
Play sound in different program to see how it works.
Is this a Dell?  There is a list item about some versions not plating back sound in bloom properly, I wonder if this is a similar problem.

Jonathan

On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 10:45 AM, KenK <grizzly...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am not sure what happened. Call it demonstration effect. But when I recorded a file in SayMore, and then tried to play it back, there was no sound generated. When I went to the source file, it was fine. Please help. Ken

SIL International
Language Technology Consultant

John Hatton

Nov 29, 2016, 11:07:22 AM11/29/16
to say...@googlegroups.com
Is this a Dell?  There is a list item about some versions not plating back sound in bloom properly, I wonder if this is a similar problem.

Right, Saymore does use the same code as Bloom for recording. But that issue was all about recording, not playback. Probably no one has run into that with SayMore because it only happens when you use the internal soundcard of a laptop using a Conexant chipset, which would is hopefully rare in Language Documentation projects. The fix is to turn of Conexant's recording enhancement features.

Ken, another troubleshooting step would be to see if any other audio files play from within saymore.