International World Water Day - 22 March

S. Gopal

Mar 1, 2009, 7:41:26 PM3/1/09
to savet...@googlegroups.com
Dear friends,

International World Water Day is held annually on 22 March as a means of focusing attention on the importance of freshwater and advocating for the sustainable management of freshwater resources.  For more details visit www.greenteacher.org

22 March will, in my opinion, be an `auspicious'  and `appropriate' day to start our activities in the Chinnapanahalli lake. We can invite the forest department officials (introduced to us by Dr. Yellappa Reddy) and kick-start the cleaning operation as discussed earlier.

Luckily, 22 March is a Sunday. We can start at 6 or 7 am.

For that our planning must start now.

Memebrs, please comment on this proposal..

Best,

S.Gopal
Rohan Vasantha

Kapil Chhabra

Mar 1, 2009, 11:34:20 PM3/1/09
to savet...@googlegroups.com
This sounds really good. But at the same time I feel the target is a bit aggressive as well (we might not be able to collect the required funds till that time)

Still no harm in aiming for it. Count me in.

How about a short meeting tonight around 8:30-9:00pm to give this initiative a direction?

--
Kapil
http://kapilchhabra.com/

Bikramjit Maitra

Mar 2, 2009, 12:50:46 AM3/2/09
to savet...@googlegroups.com

Can we decide about the target amount we need for 22nd? Let us plan that we will have a small event to increase awareness drive around the lake and we will appoint a few folks to clean the lake and take the weeds and dump it somewhere else as suggested by the forest folks? We need also ideas about the awareness drive event.

Thanks and regards

bikram

Bikramjit Maitra

RF 902 A Wing Purva Riviera

Maratha Halli

Bangalore : 560037

Mobile : +919845070263

S. Gopal

Mar 2, 2009, 2:52:59 AM3/2/09
to savet...@googlegroups.com
I am ready for a meeting. Time 830pm.tonight. Venue? Purva Riviera Club House? Please confirm and pass on a message to Purva Riviera Secuirty personnel to allow us inside for the meeting...
S. Gopal
Rohan Vasantha
--

 S..Gopal

Rohan Vasantha

Bikramjit Maitra

Mar 2, 2009, 4:40:51 AM3/2/09
to savet...@googlegroups.com

Sorry today 8-30 I may not able to make though I will try.

Thanks and regards

bikram

Bikramjit Maitra

RF 902 A Wing Purva Riviera