Gunjur Lake - Whitefield meet 28 June 2009

S. Gopal

Jun 25, 2009, 9:10:15 PM6/25/09
to goodwi...@gmail.com

Dear All,

This may interest you. Unfortunately I will not be able to make it to this important event as I have already fixed up another meeting at the same time elsewhere.

Gopal

Renaissance Rainbow Apartments

----

The theme of this month is Environment and iVolunteer is providing this  opportunity where in we are not just going and planting the saplings but are going to help maintain the planted saplings by watering them and digging the ground for new plants. A little efforts from our side to the people who are already doing a remarkable difference!!

There is an enthusiastic team, “VIDYA” putting in lots of efforts to make namma Bengaluru look greener and supporting “Green Dream Organization”. The work that they have done is commendable and the Whitefield project says it all. Why not spend some time with them, get to know more about VIDYA join hands in their efforts this weekend!! I am sure it would be a great learning too!!

Time: 10.00 am

Date : 28th June, Sunday

Venue: Gunjur lake, Whitefield

So, confirm soon!! Write in to me at bang...@ivolunteer.in  or call me up at 99001 98319. (Since the lake is little far, we can meet up at iVolunteer office and leave together. So be there at iVolunteer office at 8 30 sharp)

If you would like to sponsor a sapling, let me know soon so that I can arrange for the same.

Why Whitefield??

A study says, “ Whitefield is the area which has a large ratio of the carbon footprint in the city. The 21 kms area has experienced 2-3 degrees C rise in the mean temperature over the years and also we have lost 65 per cent green cover around the city. Even though the realisation has come late, it is good that the city has woken up to the requirements and we should take the programme forward” (Check http://www.greendream.rbitc.org/media.html for more details)

About Green Dream and VIDYA:
Green Dream is a beautiful organization with a big big dream, a dream shared by many, many others. The dream is to make a difference to the environment by planting trees - and more trees. In the immediate phase of the project, there are plans to plant 100,000 trees and thereby make a major impact on the environment. (To know more check their really beautiful website www.greendream.rbitc.org)

VIDYA who is closely working with Green Dream VIDYA has actually brought this DREAM to a reality by actually implementing this wonderful idea. Village Integral Development Youth Association (VIDYA) is an organization formed for the benefit of the people in and around the village of Gunjur. VIDYA plans and executes projects for the development of the rural population surrounding the village. These projects focus on environmental development, social welfare, basic public health care, educational assistance and many projects on a need to need basis. Their ongoing projects include Watering and maintenance of the previous year’s plantation, 800 on the roadside and 600 in Gunjur Lake (under Project Green Dream), Project - BRT wild life sanctuary, to provide Boots to 100 APC (Anti Poaching Camp) staff , Project Green Dream (Rotary Bangalore) - 10,000 plants in Gowramma kere (Chikabelendur lake) and many more!!

I am sure many of you are environment -cause fan and would be willing to be part of this event… Plzzz don’t miss this event, letzz together do something about Climatic change and bring in a little change too!!!

Archana S
Relationship Manager - iVolunteer Centres, Bangalore
iVolunteer -"Your skills can change lives".
www.iVolunteer.in

No. 384, 6th Cross, 18th ‘E’ Main,
6th Block, Koramangala,
Bangalore - 560 095