Chinnappanahalli Lake Conservation - way forward

Dipankar

Mar 17, 2009, 10:43:36 AM3/17/09
to Chinnappanahalli Lake Conservation Forum
Hi All,

I think we have some serious concerns of late on the progress this
group is making on the lake conservation front. Though we had seen
some movement, it is halted – and clearly we could not muster enough
momentum on celebrating the World Water day on 22nd March. We missed a
great opportunity here.

As some of you pointed out, we are not going to generate more buzz
unless we show some action on ground; and action on ground – if
elaborate will need more people.

Having said that, the best hope for the lake today are the people on
this forum. We should look on how we build on what we have done so
far.

I see some positives – Nitin, Gopal and Tridip who supported the
initiative at various points have joined the building associations. So
we have more of our supporters in decision making position.

I suggest the following to build the momentum.

As first step, we clean the lake for the weed. We create a seed fund
for this, with individual contribution of interested residents. We
invite people from the apartments as well AECS layout to join this. We
then do a campaign with photographs on notice board etc. on the
activity.

From the larger group participation perspective, we plan to celebrate
World Environment Day – which is on 5th June (we can celebrate this on
7th June, which is Sunday). This will give us full two months to
prepare; including fund collections, campaign etc.

We off course continue our efforts between the two events.

Your thoughts please

Regards
Dipankar, RK 407
Purva Riviera

Dipankar

Mar 17, 2009, 10:46:04 AM3/17/09
to Chinnappanahalli Lake Conservation Forum