Save the Pool Meeting #2 at 3pm TODAY in 405 Barnard Hall

Jordan Alam

Sep 21, 2012, 12:43:38 PM9/21/12
to SavetheBarnardPool
Hello all,
My apologies for the late email about this next meeting, but we are meeting again today at 3pm in 405 Barnard Hall. If you cannot make it to the meeting, we welcome any and all ideas (particularly on media attention, contacting alumnae, etc.) via email - please send to saveth...@gmail.com instead of my personal address. We also request that if you are on Facebook, that you Like our Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/savethebcpool/). We thank you for your continued support!

Here is the blurb of information about the event:
Last year, Barnard administration stated that they would be closing the pool by the end of this academic year. Many of us on campus are angry and sad at the loss of this part of B
arnard's history and frustrated that our classes, swim team, and workouts would have to be pushed over to the already overcrowded Columbia pool. As a result, committed students, alumnae, professors, and faculty are coming together this Friday, September 21, at 3 PM in 405 Barnard Hall for a general interest meeting and brainstorming session on ways to keep the pool open past the end of this year. Please join us!

Best,
Jordan Alam

Leah Forman

Sep 21, 2012, 12:56:08 PM9/21/12
to SavetheBarnardPool
I saved the "best of new york" issue of New York Magazine from 2009 where our swim lessons program at the Barnard Pool was included!

I don't know if there's anything that can be done with that -- but it's one great way that the Barnard Pool was MAKING money!

Also, I live in Boston, so regrettably I can't make these meetings :/

Leah