FRI: Meeting to Save Ludgate Farms

Shira Golding

Dec 8, 2011, 10:35:42 AM12/8/11
to save-ludg...@googlegroups.com, Sustainability in Tompkins County, sharet...@lists.aktivix.org, fingerlakes...@lists.ibiblio.org
A friendly reminder about tomorrow evening's meeting...

MEETING TO SAVE LUDGATE FARMS
Friday, December 9, 7:30-9:00pm
Ludgate Farms, 1552 Hanshaw Road, Ithaca, NY

Since emailing everyone about my concern that Ludgate Farms is
planning on closing, tons of people have expressed interest in keeping
the business alive and all kinds of ideas have been suggested
including turning the existing business into a worker-owned coop,
getting a bunch of local nonprofits to invest as a group, or perhaps
radically transforming Ludgate's into a community meeting space
offering equipment for food preservation, garden plots, classes, etc.

We will be having a meeting to discuss all of these ideas and more
with the current owners, the Quinn-Jacobs, and anyone interested in
the future of Ludgate Farms as an ongoing contributor to our local
food security.

Feel free to bring a drink or snack to share!

Please come if you are interested in getting involved in any way, even
if you don't have a lot of time but just want to be part of the
discussion.

Join the Save Ludgate Farms Google group:
http://groups.google.com/group/save-ludgate-farms

RSVP on Swidjit:
http://swidjit.com/ithaca/events/meeting-to-save-ludgate-farms

RSVP on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/events/174549005974847

More about Ludgate's:
http://www.ludgatefarms.com

See you there!

- Shira :)

Shira Golding Evergreen
shiraev...@gmail.com
http://www.shirari.com

For more information about sustainability in the Tompkins County area,
please visit: http://www.sustainabletompkins.org/
If you have questions about this list please contact the list manager,
Tom Shelley, at tj...@cornell.edu.

Shira Golding

Dec 8, 2011, 12:44:44 PM12/8/11
to Joann Kowalski, save-ludg...@googlegroups.com
i hope so, joann - do you recommend inviting anyone in particular?

- shira :)
On Dec 8, 2011, at 12:28 PM, Joann Kowalski wrote:

Hi Shira,

You will want to make sure a representative from Cornell Cooperative Extension is there to provide input and ideas.

Joann Kowalski