A different kind of food co-op

IthacasFoodWeb

Jan 4, 2012, 9:58:02 AM1/4/12
to Save Ludgate Farms

Not sure where the Ludgate's discussion is at this point, but I was
inspired by this article, which describes a type of hybrid farmers
market/co-op business model:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/food/smarter-food-a-farmers-market-with-a-difference/2011/12/20/gIQAUHYcYP_story.html

Cheers,
Alison

www.ithacasfoodweb.com

gardengatedelivery

Jan 4, 2012, 8:23:00 PM1/4/12
to Save Ludgate Farms
this is an awesome article! i've been wishing for a brick-and-mortar
like this in ithaca and think ludgates would make a great match for
it.
to increase the market, garden gate would be willing to add "wheels"
the venture!

thanks for sending this along, alison.

-marlo

On Jan 4, 9:58 am, IthacasFoodWeb <ithacasfood...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Not sure where the Ludgate's discussion is at this point, but I was
> inspired by this article, which describes a type of hybrid farmers
> market/co-op business model:
>
> http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/food/smarter-food-a-farmers-m...
>
> Cheers,
> Alison
>
> www.ithacasfoodweb.com

IthacasFoodWeb

Jan 6, 2012, 2:02:46 PM1/6/12
to Save Ludgate Farms
Here's another innovative grocery store for inspiration, to open in
Austin: http://in.gredients.com/

On Jan 4, 8:23 pm, gardengatedelivery <gardengatedeliv...@gmail.com>

Katie Quinn-Jacobs

Jan 6, 2012, 3:37:12 PM1/6/12
to save-ludg...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for posting these examples, Alison.

-- Katie Q-J
--

Katie Quinn-Jacobs
Proprietor & COO