SINC .....issue paper comments ....and ward maps

Carrie Thomas

Aug 25, 2011, 6:36:11 AM8/25/11
to save-cly...@googlegroups.com
Good news

Last night I talked about candidate sites for Site of Importance for Nature Conservation (cSINC) and today I enquired how we get Clyne Valley put forward as such. It's already done! Well, as far as they know in CCS Nature Conservation, they've not heard back yet from the Contractor re boundaries and its meeting certain criteria, but it's all believed to be part of the Clyne Valley Country Park cSINC.

I've trawled through ALL the Issues Papers and pulled out relevant parts ready to use in the website.  I've also extracted 3 extra comments that could be used on our paper KS0001 forms. The comments are unwieldy as they are so factual and they are direct quotes. I pass them on to you all here to work on. Are they useful? Do you want them in such planning-speak or to put them into human language? Do you want to add any or all of them? Over to you.

The Natural Environment and Rural Communities (NERC) Act 2006, places a duty on the Council to have regard to the purpose of conserving biodiversity.  The Countryside and Rights of Way(CROW) Act, 2000 places a duty on the Council to have regard to the conservation of biodiversity and maintain lists of species and habitats for which conservation steps should be taken or promoted. CCS Nature Conservation believe that this area is part of the candidate SINC (Site of Importance for Nature Conservation) site of Clyne Valley. Such wildlife sites deserve protection for the biodiversity they foster.

Residential development of this site is not in alignment with the LDP Issues Paper on Tourism:  there are opportunities to expand, improve and diversify attractions and facilities at the following locations:......Clyne Valley Country Park’. Likewise the Landscape Issues Paper states: ‘Clyne Valley Country Park covers 300 hectares but has no management plan. What potential does it have for further sporting, recreational or sustainable tourist use? Trees, woodlands and hedgerows are important as wildlife habitats and for their contribution to landscape character and beauty. They also trap carbon and provide a sustainable energy source, playing a role in tackling climate change’

The local River is Clyne, which empties into Swansea Bay.The LDP Issues Paper on Water states: 'Many of the County’s sewerage systems and sewerage treatment works are overloaded and additional demands may result in pollution of watercourses.   .... The impermeable surfaces of new developments are increasing surface water run off damaging watercourses and increasing the risk of flooding. .... Swansea Bay  is currently failing the guideline Shellfish Waters standards and the WFD objective of good ecological status and is predicted to fail the 2015 classifications  ...... Swansea Bay is predicted to fail the standards of the revised Bathing Water Directive in 2015  .......  A slight deterioration in the quality of rivers in the last 5 years. Remediation measures needed at Clyne’

I've someone getting back to me about what the remediation measures are that are needed for in Clyne. Interestingly i did a project on pollution in Clyne River some years ago, and there's still issues there, in fact Clyne is the ONLY river to be mentioned by name. Hopefully it will be raw sewage issues (!) cos that helps our case. But likely to be seepage from the tip. Unfortunately the only person that knows the answer is away on hols, so we wont get an immediate reply, although they'll check around to see if we can get an answer earlier.

Another bit of breaking news. The Ward Maps should be available on the LDP page sometime next week. This brings ALL the candidate sites together on 1 ward map. So, eg, I believe there are only 3 in Killay South and so these should all be shown on 1 map: KS0001 KS0002  MY0008

Best Wishes,
- Carrie Thomas -
Touchwood, 4 Clyne Valley Cottages, Killay, Swansea, SA2 7DU  South Wales, UK. Tel 01792 522443
 www.touchwoodspirit.com : spiritual & self-development sessions or workshops;
Healing including Bowen Technique, Theta DNA, and Byron Katie's 'Loving What Is' ('The Work'):
And for gardening, seeds and plants: www.touchwoodplants.co.uk

Mike Ford

Aug 25, 2011, 12:20:24 PM8/25/11
to save-cly...@googlegroups.com

Will talk it through with Dave tomorrow Carrrie

Harding Richard

Aug 25, 2011, 4:48:02 PM8/25/11
to save-cly...@googlegroups.com, Mike Ford

Regards
Richard L Harding
Petroplus Bitumen
Sent from mobile phone,:!

Will talk it through with Dave tomorrow Carrrie

Last night I talked about candidate sites for Site of Importance for Nature
Conservation (cSINC) and today I enquired how we get Clyne Valley put
forward as such. It's already done! Well, as far as they know in CCS Nature
Conservation, they've not heard back yet from the Contractor re boundaries
and its meeting certain

<http://www.biodiversitywales.org.uk/content/uploads/documents/Guidance%20Le
gislation/WS%20Guidance%20FinalWeb%20ver_Oct%2008Web.pdf> criteria, but

DISCLAIMER:

The information contained in this email is intended for the named recipient only. It may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on it. Please note that neither Petroplus Refining & Marketing Limited nor the sender accept any responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan attachments (if any).

Any opinions expressed are those of the author and not necessarily the opinion of Petroplus Refining & Marketing Limited.

Petroplus Refining & Marketing Limited is a private limited company registered in England (registered number 04107875) whose registered office is at Coryton Refinery, The Manorway, Stanford-le-Hope, Essex SS17 9LL

Carrie Thomas

Aug 26, 2011, 2:31:36 AM8/26/11
to save-cly...@googlegroups.com
Hi Richard, pleased to see you're back and 'in the loop'

Did the holiday go well?

You'll see the website is now updated, I'll be doing more (today hopefully)
with updates to comments, based on the issue papers.

Did you get many emails from the website whilst you were away? I believe
all your email addresses have now been removed from the site, as at the
meeting we discussed who should be a contact and it was felt we all had no
time to deal with queries, so the first page info on 'contact us' reflects
this. I had already left my own email at 3 stategic points on the site, but
will delete them if I get uiundated.

Re Killay North sites, please feed back to me (through this email group
system preferably, else to my email below) any comments to put on the Killay
N comment webpage ...that i can copy and paste on. from the email. PHOTOS
especially welcomed

I'm also looking for other photos for the site to add to (or replace) the
ones there. in particular ones of TRAFFIC JAMS in the car park, and around
killay...esp the traffic lights to sketty park from 5pm. any ANY OTHER
PHOTOS that will make an IMPACT

www.saveclynevalley.co.uk