Another petition and EVENING POST IDEA

1 view

Carrie Thomas

Aug 28, 2011, 9:06:22 AM8/28/11
to save-cly...@googlegroups.com
I was at Julians car boot today.....I think that the Killay North sites will breach the skyline seen from there, so would be an ideal place for collecting petition signatures.  It will take about 1 and a half hours to get 100 petition signatures from stall-holders, but probably not really much chance for anything else as most aren't real locals.

Just looked on google maps and it looks like KN0002 breaches a lot of the skyline from there and KN007 breaches a small part but will spread over most of the slope of the hill.  I've not walked there for many years, can anyone who does confirm that what I've just written correct? (Basically, if you walk there and can see Julians over the Alcoa site, then the reverse will also be true)

David, an evening post photo (poss with development tracts marked) might be a good angle for the evening post? As well as ensure that people from that side of the valley....waunarlwydd, garngoch, fforestfach, garden village know what's happening to their views.

Best Wishes,
- Carrie Thomas -
Touchwood, 4 Clyne Valley Cottages, Killay, Swansea, SA2 7DU  South Wales, UK. Tel 01792 522443
 www.touchwoodspirit.com : spiritual & self-development sessions or workshops;
Healing including Bowen Technique, Theta DNA, and Byron Katie's 'Loving What Is' ('The Work'):
And for gardening, seeds and plants: www.touchwoodplants.co.uk

Carrie Thomas

Aug 29, 2011, 4:27:54 AM8/29/11
to save-cly...@googlegroups.com
I'm speaking to so many different people about the LDP. Yesterday included some men with horns on their heads (!) who were just about to finish a sponsored bike-ride from London to Loughor. It had taken 9 days as three were on unicyles going at around 6-7 miles an hour!

Anyway, they'd seen the posters I'd put up near the Railway Inn  and were actually looking up the website as we passed!  One was very genned up about the issues, because of his local sites (he thought that the commenting period for theirs finished end of August).  When I mentioned KN0001,2,7 and the impact as seen from Julians, he said there's more in that same valley......from Julians towards Loughor and also towards Fforestfach.  If so, even more ammo for our comments (and Evening Post), as each candidate site shouldn't be commented on in isolation.....AND more fuel for the coalescence of settlements arguement. However IF the commenting peried for one or both those sites HAS passed, then its up to our sites' comments to highlight difficulties when looking at the bigger picture.  Will someone follow this up and discover the other sites? I've got family staying this week so am trying to limit my LDP work down to 2 hrs a day.

Best Wishes,
- Carrie Thomas -
Touchwood, 4 Clyne Valley Cottages, Killay, Swansea, SA2 7DU  South Wales, UK. Tel 01792 522443
 www.touchwoodspirit.com : spiritual & self-development sessions or workshops;
Healing including Bowen Technique, Theta DNA, and Byron Katie's 'Loving What Is' ('The Work'):
And for gardening, seeds and plants: www.touchwoodplants.co.uk

Liz Thomas

Aug 29, 2011, 6:17:48 AM8/29/11
to save-cly...@googlegroups.com

I've got some photos of the Ynys Newydd entrance to the CP from earlier this year, and can get some more done in next day or two of that candidate site area.

Cheers from Nesta