Next steps, public meeting, and next Action Group meeting

Carrie Thomas

Sep 19, 2011, 5:10:17 AM9/19/11
to save-cly...@googlegroups.com, Jones, Jeff (Councillor), luc...@tiscali.co.uk
Our last meeting was Thursday where, in brief, we decided our focus in the next 2 weeks remaining was to contact people and Groups who may support us and have useful info for the Campaign. Can YOU help.....who can we contact?
Associated with this will be putting together a file of letters etc of support to present to the Planning Dept together with the Action Group's comments aligned (and in the order of) to the way the site will be examined in the next stages of the LDP assessment.

We heard that the Community Councillor, Jeff Jones is arranging a public meeting THIS week....wed or thurs at St Hilary's, but none of us had heard definitely. I'm copying Jeff into this email as I do not think anyone on the Comm Council is in this email Group. Jeff, has the meeting been set now? If you email me back I will forward to the Group.

The Action Group will quickly get-together after that meeting in order to check-step anything that still needs to be done in the last week or so.

PAPER PETITION FORMS and COMMENT FORMS to Mike by today please, as per his earlier emails.  Remember, the online petition will be running until the 30th (probably til 9am that morning) Sept so there's still time to get the signatures up that way........there's only about 400 there at the mo.  Email your friends now ....I'm going to search and find a few more that I've not yet told about the CAmpaign.  http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/save_clyne_valley/

Have YOU done your commenting on ALL relevant sites yet? Clyne Valley has KS0001 and SK0026, there's the KN sites around Hendrefoilan lane, sites in Mayals adjacent and overlooking Clyne Valley and loads in Dunvant.  Mumbles and Gower also have some very worringing candidate sites....and perhaps you know of others.  KS0001 now has over 1000 comments on the website (the online, email and paper ones have probably all now been put on), However, since those comments were registered we have uncovered a LOT of VERY USEFUL and RELEVANT information. See the last entries for Comments on the webpage http://www.saveclynevalley.co.uk/comments-ks0001.php about eg birds and otters, TEEB report, and National Health objectives. I am only able to keep up with uncovering and writing new comments for this one page, and havent updated the other comment pages for over a week now. HOWEVER.....MANY of those comments will be relevant (perhaps with minor changes) for many other greenfield/green wedge sites as well as Clyne Valley ones. I'll always add NEW comments at the BOTTOM of the list (although they are likely very high priority ones).

The ward maps which show ALL candidate sites in an area/ward are now available at http://www.swansea.gov.uk/index.cfm?articleid=45509 although, I warn you, it is scary....there's so much of concern.

And dont forget, as well as objecting and commenting AGAINST worrying sites, it is ALSO very useful indeed to comment FOR 'good' sites that keep areas for leisure, wildlife etc. eg: MY0008 (if you dont do ANY other 'good' site, still do this one as it covers an ENORMOUS area and so is against many of the sites of concern). There's a 2nd petition about this as well: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/save_clyne_valley_2/ although it's only for Swansea residents.
Other 'good' sites incl footpaths in Killay North, as well as KS0002 and SK00031.

How easy is it to comment? See our have your say webpage, and well, it can be child's play....see Miri's comments and be encouraged that ANYONE can have their say and keep the local recreation, history, culture and wildlife areas protected.  http://swansea.jdi-consult.net/ldp/viewrepfull.php?repid=6266

Best Wishes,
- Carrie Thomas -
Touchwood, 4 Clyne Valley Cottages, Killay, Swansea, SA2 7DU  South Wales, UK. Tel 01792 522443
 www.touchwoodspirit.com : spiritual & self-development sessions or workshops;
Healing including Bowen Technique, Theta DNA, and Byron Katie's 'Loving What Is' ('The Work'):
And for gardening, seeds and plants: www.touchwoodplants.co.uk
fieldIMG_0120.jpg

Carrie Thomas

Sep 20, 2011, 4:00:28 AM9/20/11
to save-cly...@googlegroups.com, luc...@tiscali.co.uk
Jeff has replied (and I received a letter through the door), the meeting is this thursday 22nd sept at 7.15pm.
St Hilarys Church Hall.

Can anyone print off some leaflets (i've no printer at the mo)  I attach the one that has 6 to a page so about 20 sheets printed should be enough. If you can print and bring them along on Thursday, please reply to theis email so that others know the job's being handled, thanks.  See you soon.....

Best Wishes,
- Carrie Thomas -
Touchwood, 4 Clyne Valley Cottages, Killay, Swansea, SA2 7DU  South Wales, UK. Tel 01792 522443
 www.touchwoodspirit.com : spiritual & self-development sessions or workshops;
Healing including Bowen Technique, Theta DNA, and Byron Katie's 'Loving What Is' ('The Work'):
And for gardening, seeds and plants: www.touchwoodplants.co.uk
fieldIMG_0120.jpg
info x6.pdf