Plugin Development Tutorial SavantStats

Dario Strbenac

Jun 24, 2011, 1:00:09 AM6/24/11
to Savant Community
When clicking on the link to the SavantStats project, I get an error

The requested URL /wiki/images/plugintutorial/SavanStats.tar.gz was
not found on this server.

The link address is missing the letter 't' in Savant. I was able to
download it by manually editing the URL.

When I install the plug-in with the package manager, I get a dialog
box that starts with "Plugin successfully installed." and then I re-
start the browser. When it is initialising with the splash screen, I
get a dialog box that starts with "Unable to load plugin". It suggests
it could be a version incompatibility, but that's implausible because
it installed correctly just seconds ago and I'm using the same Start
Menu shortcut to run Savant. Also, I do have SavantCore.jar stored in
the same directory as savant.stats-1.0.0.jar.

I have Savant 1.4.4.4 release.

Marc Fiume

Jun 24, 2011, 9:27:02 AM6/24/11
to dario....@gmail.com, Savant Community
Hi Dario,

The SavantStats plugin project is not compatible with version 1.4.4.4.

There is an earlier version of Savant included in the SDK which is compatible.

We are in the process of updating our plugin framework simultaneous with our 1.5.0 release, at which point we will update our SDK.

Thanks for the note about the path, that is now fixed.
Marc